
We recently had a great time at Josiah's Class' end of year party! This photo is of only about half the people. It was a fun night of BBQ potluck, rope swings, smore's and fellowship. Just sharing a few photos.
Bro Pennington brought a great little message about how sin will tie you up in knots... but God looses them.


Adorableness!!

ALSO... it's my anniversary of being married to the most handsome man in the world! Okay, okay ... well, *I* think so, and that's all that matters! =) He is so very selfless when it comes to me and his family... we are so blessed. Here he was cooking me marshmallows for smore's(although I didn't know it at the time). He may not be big on surprising me with gifts, but he is constantly surprising me with acts of service! This sweet man offers to "do" little things for me every day. Whether it's a cup of coffee, a backrub or watching the children for an hour of time alone - he is so very generous with his time and energies.
He is also a great father. He spends such great time with the little ones and has never once hesitated when he saw that a diaper needed to be changed. I would often quickly offer to change it when I saw him go for the supplies, but he would just say, "No - I got it. You've done it all day." I appreciate too, how he sets great standards for the boys in what he expects of them... he takes the time to teach them about integrity, chilvary, honesty and work ethic - to name a few.
Have there been rough spots? Of course, but no so rough that the Lord couldn't bring us through. Every marriage has them... but they are almost always caused by sinful attitudes and spirits. We are polar opposite personalities and that can always pose differences in how we want to do things. (oh how I've just wished that I could have his personality, life would be easier! lol)Marriage can be hard at times, but it's about choice, commitment and putting God first. What a blessed 13 years we have had, and I can't wait to see what the next 13 bring!!




4 comments:
Very sweet! It looks like you all had a great time!
Aww! Marriage is an amazing gift from God! I am so thankful He has allowed me to get "in on it" too! As I am about to celebrat 16 years with my wonderful husband!! Hope you have a very blessed anniversary!
Happy anniversary!!! Wow thirteen years what a blessing. It is so awesome how God pairs us with our spouses. Hope you have a great anniversary.
So sweet! Looks like a fun party too, and I bet Josiah was excited (though I know he is a great little scholar)!
Post a Comment