Inspired my Mrs. Houston and her great projects that she completed while her husband was away, I decided to do the same when my husband had to go away for 4 days! I was super nervous about it, since I don't really have helpers old enough to do much painting... but I DO have helpers old enough to entertain their siblings! Josiah ended up being a tremendous help, he did all of the high parts! It was a lot of work, and I'm glad it's all done.
So, here is the sad "before" photos. I had already begun clearing off counters and had the paint cans out before I thought to take photos.... but you get the idea.

And here is the after! There are actually 4 colors in my kitchen now, 2 shades of green, a deep plum color and a soft cream color. I chose them using the computer system at Home Depot. I (with help) also installed a new faucet with a sprayer attached that is so neat. We only have the under the counter lighting hooked up on the left side in this photo... we were just too tired to complete the right side. Tomorrow. :) Curtain's from Walmart, plaque is from Ross, grapes are from second hand stores.

Probably my favorite part is the new accent lighting. It makes such a difference in creating a mood... we have been wanting to do it for a long time, and this was the perfect occasion.

You can see the plum color up above the cabinets... and it's also on the wall that is facing the stove that we can't see in this photo. I went with a little bit of a "grape" theme, but nothing too crazy... couple plates, little plum on the walls... few glass grapes hanging here and there. The wall above the stove looks yellow, but it's actually creme...maybe LIGHT yellow... just not as dark as it looks here. Half of that decor is from Ross, other half is from Goodwill. LOVE the black door thing that I got there last week with the antique door knob on it! You can barely see it here.
And, lastly - a few side by sides for comparison. We are so thankful for our home that God has allowed us to have! We are so happy here and just love making it more "ours".
Dan was quite surprised when he came home and saw all that we got done! Yay for hard work!! Yay for inspiration!! 






6 comments:
Jenny,
Thanks for doing this and surprising me while I was on my trip for work. I was VERY impressed with how much you did while I was gone! Great job!
-Dan
AWESOME JOB!!
It looks fabulous!!
I love that you "hunted and gathered" from Goodwill,etc. to achieve your goal. It is so fun to make things so pretty using such low cost items!
Praise the Lord for your desire to be wise with what He has given you!
ha, ha! My word verification for the above comment was "fance"...get it...fanc-y?...and that's just how your kitchen looks now! :)
I LOVE it!!!! Good job Jenny! It is beautiful! Glad I could inspire you! ;-) It is a great feeling of accomplishment. I will post some pics of other rooms that got done that I couldn't post while Craig and Anna were away....it was a surprise for them.
awsome!
o i wish I had no own house to paint so i could surprise chris when he gets home!
VERY NICE!! It looks great! Good job! I love home improvement projects!
Post a Comment