Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Some Photos from Dan's Birthday Party


Even though it's been over a month, I never shared any photos from Dan's Birthday party that I threw him... and thought I should. It was a blast!


We started with a Wii tenis tournament, 2 man teams, with a full losers bracket. (whatever that means... and is that spelled bracket or brackett?) That was fun. I have many photos of that, but since everyone pretty much looks like a moron in a still shot while playing the Wii... (and they contain other people, our friends) I'll just share this photo.





Dan's favorite "cake" is a cherry cheesecake that I make. (Remember, Karilee?) So, that's what he got this year too. We put in a few candles, lit them, and then proceeded to ALL sing the most awful, sorriest version of "Happy Birthday" you have ever heard in your life. I have NO idea who started it, or how it happened.. but it was SOOO off key, sung so very wrong, all on purpose! The kids are even plugging their ears! It has to be because he's the choir director that they all sung it like this!! It was hilarious!




See everyone's faces? They're laughing.



See the small children plugging their ears? It was bad.





Dan's reaction to the wonderful music. :) Haha... below he is trying to protect his ears from the onslaught of sound. Poor Sarah, she had to plug hers too.



Gift time.








Dan's Dad. We were so pleased with the turnout... a good 30th birthday indeed.







2 comments:

Karilee said...

What a fun party!! It reminds me of when you had the surprise party for Dan at out house. Happy memories. I LOVE your cheesecake!! Yummy, now I might just have to make one!
I made the same one for Brian's birthday in January.
Unless you moved and didn't tell...who's spacious house what that??
What a blessing that the Savage Sr's came also.
Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Jenny said...

What fun! It looks like a great celebration! And a great turnout! The cheesecake-type dessert you made looks just like something my great-grandmother always used to make, that we call "cherry salad", and it is delicious! My family still makes it at family gatherings, as a kind of tradition. :) Yum!