Saturday, February 07, 2009

Our Little Vacation, Part 1

Okay, as I had said in my last post... we have had an unexpected vacation come about... praise the Lord! Many people have thought that we went to the Great Wolf Lodge during this time, but that actually starts Monday! During these last three days we have been staying at some time share resorts on the water about an hour away. We have had a wonderful time.

The resorts are three story condos... so very roomy and beautiful. I will share some of those photos next time. They are on the other camera.


*These* photos are from the resort pool. What a blast. They have an indoor heated pool and spa, and when they say heated, they actually mean it! HOW many times have we all gone to an indoor heated pool to find it too cold!? TOO many times, for me.

The boys played for hours, getting more and more brave about jumping in and going under. Well, Isaiah stayed at the edge, I'm talking about the older 2 boys. Gabriel is fearless, so we have to watch him... he was doing far too many belly flops and back flops.


Josiah is just as brave with his goggles on that cover his nose. It was such a relaxing, playful time... I just love swimmng.

Malachi LOVED the water!! We weren't even going to bring him in, but he wasn't too happy in his stroller, so we put a swim diaper on him and tried it. He was SOOOO happy. He kept splashing and splashing, so content.

Keturah, on the other hand, HATED it. HATED. Screamed bloody murder like the water was a monster. Go figure.





Here she is post-tramatic-swimming-experience. Her cold suit off, she just wanted to sit on a chair and watch all the other crazies. (We were in there by ourselves most of the time)
Lastly, a little video of Malachi splashing. These were taken with my little pocket camera, no editing. I wasn't about to bring my nice camera anywhere near a pool. LOL




2 comments:

The Casaus House said...

Your video made me smile. There's just nothing cuter than a chubby happy baby! I'm so glad you guys were able to have this little vacation. You deserve it. Wow, you are such a faithful blogger. I still need to put house pictures up and we've been here a week already! I also missed blogging Myah's birthday. Oh, well...I'm glad you're having a great time.

Jenny said...

Malachi is such a cute little chubby-wubby! Those are such sweet pictures of him in the pool. How funny that Turah thought it was so awful! You just never know, huh? She is getting to be such a pretty little girl. Such a sweetie. Thanks for sharing the pics! I am so glad to hear that you all are enjoying your vacation and using the well-deserved time for some well-deserved relaxation! :)