Sunday, August 08, 2010

Yes, I'm a big sap...

Maybe it's hormones. Maybe I'm just crazy. Maybe it's just that I'm a big sap. Perhaps all three...

I was at another's blog tonight and heard this song... the song that has started playing on my blog, can you hear it? Turn your volume up if you can't. And I wept. I just thought it was so beautiful. Listen to the words!

Know what came to my mind when I heard those words? The love that I have been seeing others have for orphans that have never even met yet. The LOVE they can feel for a soul that GOD loves, but others have discarded. Now I'm teary again.

Listening to the words, I can just picture how Charrissa feels about those children that she's working so very hard to bring home. It amazes me to see all that she's going through to save these two precious babies. All the trips. All the planning. All the fundraising. All for them, those two precious souls that no one wanted. Well, guess what... someone wants you! And it just so happens to be one of the most loving families ever. I'm so thankful that this journey is happening to someone in my circle of friendship, to people I know. To hear her talk about it all... brings me so much joy! They already have such a deep, deep love for these children - and it is nothing short of glorious to watch it. Okay... enough... although I could go on and on.

Just had to share this with others. You may not get the same reaction as I did, and that's ok. But I had to share it, just had to. Usually I'm too afraid of what other may think about blog posts like this ... well, about everything. But I'm going to try to share more of what makes me me. And balling to a blog playlist is one of those things. :)

Sidenote: I thought the artist would have been an older African American woman... nope. She's a 22 year old white girl from England. Beautiful girl.

4 comments:

Emily's Posts said...

You should not worry about what others think! This was a beautiful post and you are a beautiful woman!! It's good to let others see (or hear) what makes you you!!

Jeanné said...

It is a beautiful song!
I agree, don't worry about what others think of you. We love you bc you are you-everything about you..even if you do cry to a blog list song ;) I know I have cried to some songs on the radio..or..on tv or whatever!

Jennifer B. said...

I do love that song! It is absolutely beautiful and and so meaningful. Thanks for sharing something personal about you, Jenny. :) We love you for being you!

The Browning Family said...

Ohhhhhh ... my dear sweet friend. You made me cry. The song made me cry. Thinking of Matthew and Ivanna makes me cry. Truth be told, tonight - if someone looked at me cross eyed I would cry. *sigh*
You are a dear and sweet friend of whom I treasure. I love that you wear your heart for others to see and feel. You are real. I have met enough "fake" people in my life - and have had my fill. It is refreshing to know that you are transparent. Real. That is okay, and welcomed. Don't change that part of you. It is just as Christ would have you to be.
That you bear this burden for orphans is simply amazing to me. I am seeing first hand how God is working this adoption to open eyes and hearts around us and not just us - but many. Not everyone is called to adopt - true - but everyone is called to care for them, in some way. James 1:27
I believe that from the tips of my toes.
I love you. I love your passion and plead with you to not water it down or sweep it under a rug for fear of what others may think. Do as Christ commands and only focus on that. THAT is refreshing. AMEN!
Be about souls - encouraging them, exhorting them, converting them - and caring for the least of them.

To Christ be all glory, honor and praise ....