Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Haunted Mansion


Here are some photos from the haunted mansion at Disneyland. Hopefully a few short videos also. The special effects are amazing, mindblowing. But the camera can't really pick it all up... nonetheless, I took a few photos.


First one, cob webby chandelier when you first enter.

The first part of the ride (which I think takes you underground). The great stretching room. The pictures in the frames start out small and then grow. Can't tell if the ceiling rises or the floor lowers. It's great.

I can't beleive I caught this moment. Lightning crashes after the room stretches completely and for a moment you can see a "body" hanging above. It happens so fast though, that you are never quite sure what you saw. But the camera caught the right second. Haha.





One video is of the "dancing ghosts" that you can see below in a great ballroom. I only caught the last part of it, and it's hard to see. In real life, it's amazing and my favorite part. I have no idea how they do it.
ETA : Okay, you can't see this video at ALL. But you can clearly on my laptop. I'll give youtube a quick try and see if I can't get it onto there.



The other video is of the "talking busts" that are singing... they have real faces on these stone busts that are silly and singing. Sorry for the poor videography, ride was moving. :) Just wanted to share.

2 comments:

Emily's Posts said...

FuN fUn!! I want to go to Disneyland!!

Jenny said...

Looks like a scary, fun, good time! The talking heads look pretty real.