Friday, October 16, 2009

Our Church's Annual Children's Program!


Oh, how we enjoy this every year! These photos aren't terribly recent, this all took place last July, but I still wanted to share them! Especially for our far away loved ones! This year's program was called The Villain of Venice. As usual, it was hilarious! I took many photos this night, if anyone would like photos of their children, let me know! I tried to capture just about everybody in a somewhat closeup, in case anyone didn't have their cameras. Just let me know and I'll email you the photos!

We begin all services with singing, lifting up our voices unto the Lord!




The children's choir. Our children's choir practices every Sunday afternoon, while the adults are practicing.





Gabriel getting into the singing! He was a gondolier for the play, and I really wanted to devise a "costume" for him. I couldn't find any striped shirts anywhere that looked right (who sells jail-bird outfits when it's not halloween time, right?)... so I took his white turtle neck and just painted stripes onto it! Then I cut up an old red skirt that I had and made a neck sash and waist sash (I'm sure there is a real name for these garments) for him. Turned out great, I thought! Oh, and I couldn't forget the little painted on moustache! So fun!!

Some of the other characters included cats, a chef, pirates, villains and I'm sure many more.

I didn't know that they were supposed to be dressed down a little bit, so Isaiah was in his Sunday suit! You would think I would have the inside track when it comes to these things... hee hee, but it's usually the opposite! People assume I know all about the music ministry stuff... hee hee... but usually I don't! :)










Some cuties...



Afterward our Pastor always gives a great message related to the play. He's does such a great job... and the kids work so hard all year on this presentation. It's such a blessing!






A family we have known for a very long time, The Colombs, joined this night.





1 comment:

Joy said...

AWWW!! Thank you SO much for sharing those. It makes me homesick for WA bad!! ): But it also warms my heart to see everyone. I suppose some of those kids were babies when we left. :) My how they have all grown. What very special bunch of little ones.
I love you guys!!