Well, I got to go the ER the day after July Fourth just like everybody else that partied too hard, but mine was not related to any partying. Mine was for a swollen infected lymph node. As most probably already know, I had a swollen lymph node last week and saw a doctor on Wednesday for it. He told me that it should resolve, but to come back if I had any fever, redness or other signs of infection. I woke on Sunday morning feeling sooo tired and yucky, but I pushed through it, not wanting to miss God and Country Sunday! When I got to church I asked Rachel, a nurse that goes to our church what she thought about it all... and she told me it was very red!! What?!? No way! She said that it sure was and that I needed to be seen right away. Infected lymph nodes can get real bad real fast, spreading their infection to other places. I immediately found Dan and we went to the ER. The church body said they would look after my children... but still it was soo hard to drive away and leave them all there! :( I kept asking Dan to go back and get Turah for me. I'm a dork, I know. :(Well, the ER was SO FULL of people that had a little too much fun on the 4th. One old gal had torn her achilles tendon doing double dutch jump rope at a party. LOL! So, after the doctor saw me, she immediately gave me some antibiotics to begin, and then ran some blood work. The blood work was fine overall, but it did show that I was fighting an infection. I got my prescription for antibi
otics and was on my way. It got worse as the day wore on, but that's to be expected a little, while waiting for the antibiotics to work. So, that was my God and Country Sunday. By the time we got back to the church, the meal and both services were over, and people were just fellowshipping and playing... watching their kids have fun on the jumping tents, or playing volleyball. Our children were well looked after, for which we are so thankful!!! Some people had even made us some plates of food before the potluck was put away - what a blessing. That was our first meal of the day... other than some chicken broth I had at the hospital. It is such a blessing to have a church family that you can trust to look after your children when there is a need.
The redness and swelling hasn't gone down much today, but it can take a few days to see some real progress. I'm hoping to see great improvement by Wednesday. It sure is difficult to turn my head though. I praise God for these trials and tribulations.



6 comments:
so glad to hear that you have antibotics now!! will continue to pray for you!! how many hours were you at ER?! i do not like going to ER bc it always takes HOURS..!!! christopher and i left the church at about 4:30 (i would have loved to stay longer, BUT i was WAY too hot and was feeling sick from the heat!)
hugs and kisses
Glad to hear you got some antibiotics. I was worried about you. I hope you are feeling better soon.
Glad you have some medicine now. I hope you're feeling some better today and continue to improve!
WOW!! To think that tiny little bump I felt last Saturday turned into that?!?! EEK! You poor thing! Hopefully you are on the mend now...
Oh my, that looks bad!! Glad you got it taken care of right away. What a crazy day to have to go in to the ER! :)
OH my! THAT is very large!
I hope you're feeling better after having the antibiotics in your system! After seeing that it makes acne look like nothin'!
What a blessing to have a great church family to care for your kids. It's great to be a part of the Lord's family!
Keep us posted.
Praying for you!
Post a Comment