Tuesday, July 07, 2009

I Praise God for the Stormer Family!!

I have not yet asked Donna if I could post this or not... so I sure hope I don't get in trouble! Oh well, better to ask forgiveness than permission, right?? LOL I hope... so.....

Yesterday morning I got a call from Donna Stormer and she said that she had two things to tell me. ONE was... how was I doing? (from my ER trip and my big gland infection) I told her that I should be getting better slowly, and that I'm feeling pretty good... just kinda weak and a little sickly. Then she said number TWO was that she and her three girls were bringing over a surprise for me the next day at 10 am... and she said that she knew I would receive it with thanksgiving, because that was the right thing to do. Uh.... okay...... sounds great!! I just kept wondering all Monday what was going to show up at my home at 10am on Tuesday morning??

Well, today at 9:50 there were three bright and smiling Stormer girls on my porch announcing that their surprise for me was that they were all here for the day to help me in my home because I was sick! They knew that it had been a long holiday weekend, which always makes for extra laundry and cleanup... and that is hard when you're kinda weak and sick. OH MY WORD.... WHAT A BLESSING THEY ARE!!!!!!! I began to cry like 2 or 3 times at seeing how hard these little ladies were working, just to be a blessing to the Savage family. In ALL honesty, I didn't even KNOW you could deep clean a kitchen the way Hannah did!!! She moved the mircowave to a different counter! She scrubbed the entire backsplash tile! Does everyone but me know that the knobs on a stove come OFF?? She even scrubbed the salt and pepper lids... she did more cleaning and scrubbing than I would have EVER thought possible!!

Her younger sisters were just as awesome. They cleaned the bathrooms to a shine and helped me sort through some clothes. When Malachi or Keturah needed tending to... one of the younger daughters was there taking her potty or changing Malachi.... what a blessing. It was like this huge amazing work force, the like I had never worked with before. My boys didn't know what to do! OHhhhh..... I can't WAIT until I get big helpers that are that fast! We were done in NO time at all, with everything! In the middle of us girls working, Ben shows up to work outside. WHAT?! For reals???? Well.... uh... okay! (Dan was working for the church and not home) He took the 3 boys outside and led them in how to help him. I just couldn't get over these people and their servant's hearts!

Now, many may think that there is no way that they would let another family help them with their home... no matter how sick they were, but I would challenge you that that comes from a spirit of pride. Although I didn't protest, (because I was so very thankful for the help after a busy weekend and I'm rather infected/sick).... Donna felt led to explain to me that we women (especially ones of 3+ kids, she said) don't ever ask for help even if we need it... because we think we shouldn't ever need to. She told me that she remembers how she felt when she had 5 little ones... and how exhausted she was. So, now she just goes and helps with her daughters when she feels led. I guess they have been a blessing to a few different families this way! Let us not allow our pride get in the way of letting others be a blessing to us... I know it is hard.

WELL, I am SOOO thankful!! I can't get over how hard they worked, and how sweet their spirits are!! So giving, so selfless... I just love that family.... I admire each and every one of their children and I told her that she has some of the best "fruit" I have EVER seen in her 7 children, ages 13 - 21. I just had to brag on them and how they went out of their way to bless the Savage family... and that they have NO idea I'm saying this... and I sure hope they don't mind. :)

6 comments:

The Casaus House said...

I agree that the Stormer children have fruit in which I desire to see in my own children when they are that age. What a blessing that was to you, I'm sure. Praise God for the church body being fitly framed together. Hope you're doing much better.

Amanda said...

What a blessing! How about an update? Are the antibiotics working?

Jeanné said...

yes the stormers are a huge blessing!! i know when christopher and i got married, they brought over TONS of house old items-toilet paper, sponges, cleaners for kitchen/bathroom, laundry detergant, dishwashing detergant, pillows, soaps, THE LIST COULD GO ON AND ON!!! And we STILL to this day have not had to go out and buy house hold cleaning stuff or toilet paper LOL

well hope you are feeling better, and hope to see you at church tonight! hugs and kisses

Amanda said...

JEANNE! What do you mean you haven't had to buy toilet paper! Your joking right???? LOL!

Karilee said...

Praise the Lord for such a wonderful family! I don't even know this family, but I love them for taking care of my friend! Like you,I long for the day when my family can do things like this for others.
Hope you're doing better.
Praying for you.

Jenny said...

Wow, what a beautiful spirit it sounds like this family has! Praise God for them! I don't know them, but already like them. :) Glad to hear they were able to bless and help take care of you and your family. Thanks for sharing the blessing, too, it was a sweet blessing to read.