Monday, July 27, 2009

Camping Trip

In June, we were able to take a small, little camping trip at a nearby campground. We knew we didn't want to stay long (in case it was miserable), and we knew we didn't want to go far. It can sometimes be very difficult to go camping with small children, including two toddlers. Just even containing them on the campsite can take all of the fun out of it! LOL So, we found the perfect place, and it was the perfect little trip. Thanks to my friend Kerrie, who is an avid camper... she told me many tips and tricks to making it an enjoyable and comfortable time. Thank you Kerrie!

[Above you can see Malachi in a pack and play that we borrowed from Luba, THANK you Luba! Thankfully, he was very happy to play in there and see all the sights around him]


Truly, everything went so well!! The weather was PERFECT. We had so much fun playing as a family, playing football (remember my previous post?), swimming and just being together. Our sleeping arangements were SO comfortable!! The kids went to bed with NO trouble and stayed asleep until.... GET this..... 9:30!! THAT's camping people, in a tent, outside with noises and light all around and all!! We must have seriously worn them out the day before! Dan and I got to have a very peaceful morning waiting for them all to wake up. (Yes, I even had to check one time to make sure they were still in their little tent!) Oh -- yes, so the boys had their own little tent that they slept in! They loved it!

[We grilled steaks on the firepit, and on our little gas camping grill. I didn't have any camping cookware, but God provided this pot at for me at Value Village for 99 cents the day before!]



[Gabriel swam in the cold water, we could see the foot ferry go by from when the bridge was closed. ]



In the evening we had so much fun roasting marshmallows and making S'mores.




This is a night photo, with the flash on. Little Malachi was pretty content to be sitting in his backpack carrier over there. :)





Little Turah with a chocolately face.






She had a great time on this little trip! She just needed to be reminded that she cannot take herself to the potty whenever she wants... we need to escort her.
What a perfect trip this was!! I have been on a few trips where it rained... the babies cried and couldn't sleep well, where you felt like you were fighting the elements the whole time! We praise God that this one was perfect and peaceful. Relaxing and enjoyable. Thank you, God, for a wonderful time with family.

3 comments:

Joy said...

WOW! What fun! :) I used to like camping until last Sept. LOL! I have had a lifetime fill of it. I suppose it doesn't have to be so bad, but boy howdy, it was bad.
I love the pictures! Glad everything went well.
Love ya!!

The Casaus House said...

Josh and I have NEVER been camping! We really need to experience this. So you'll have to tell me where you went and tell me the "tips" you're friend shared with you to make it a peaceful time. I'm glad you were able to have this time away with your family. What a blessing that it was relaxing and enjoyable.

Jenny said...

How fun! The food looks great! What a fun time, we love to camp, as you know. Washington is the best for camping, as you always have beautiful, mild weather in the summer and spring.