Friday, July 10, 2009

Some of What We Did on July 4th

What an exciting weekend that was! Here are some of our photos from the Fourth. We also had a blast on the Third, we went to the Fireworks on the Fjord in Poulsbo with another family... it was a HUGE display! So awesome. When we got there, we saw three other families from church! They shared their piece of gound with us, which was great becuase we weren't finding any place to sit at all. I love going to Poulsbo on the 3rd.



I have never been any good at taking photos of fireworks... I've never even understood how, ...the technical aspects of it. Every year, mine are awful. Black night... bright lights... fast moving explosions that burn out quickly... it tends to confuse a camera's auto light metering. And it never occurs to me to look up how to do it before July 4th each year. So, this year, after many, many, many, MANY bad photos, I seemed to find the right shutter speed to get an okay shot of fireworks. I won't kill you by sharing the numerous out-takes... but here are a few decent ones.




We were just at the side of the road along the water by the shipyard. It was packed with people doing the same thing. Tons of people were shooting off their own fireworks, then some larger shows started. I don't even know what city was shooting them, but they were great!


















This is from the local people nearby us. Our kids had a front row view of these, you can see them below. They even got to stomp out some little grass fires that started near us.







The aftermath on the roadway.







4 comments:

Joy said...

Oh man! GREAT pictures!! The kids want to be there. :) They were oooing and awing over them all. We miss you guys a LOT!!!

Karilee said...

I LOVE the pictures!! Silly me, I didn't even get my camera out of the car! Great idea about actually reading about how to get fireworks pictures...maybe I'll try that next year.
Love the shots of the kids. Keturah is getting so big, she has that "little girl" look now. So sweet.

Jenny said...

What fun! I remember going to Poulsbo with you on the 3rd, and it was great! It is a great display, and you have some great pictures this year! Keturah is really growing, and that is a beautiful picture of her. Her and Malachi have such similar shaped faces, with their little chins and cheeks being very similar. They are the closest out of all your kids, though, right? I love the picture of Malachi, too. He is such a cutie. Looks like you all had fun!

Anonymous said...

jenny,
These pics are amazing! I sure enjoyed visiting with you at the wedding this summer. Glad to hear that you are recovering. What a blessing your friend are to clean for you. The work sure piles up when Mom is ill!
We are still recovering from our EXTREMELY long vacation. We returned on a Friday night then started into a week of Bible School on Monday, so as you might imagine, my house is in need of some serious TLC. We had a wonderful VBS with an average of over 1,100 with 88 salvations!!! We love VBS. Well, my children are about to rise and shine so I will close this out. Please email me in the future - would love to hear from you!