
Meet Misty. She is our new kitten. I was going to name this post "Why NOT to send Jenny to the grocery store by herself". Haha. They were giving away kittens in front of the store... and Gabriel had been wanting one for sooo long. His birthday is in July, and it just seemed like the perfect thing to do. I took a free kitten, hid it in my purse and took it home. I showed Dan first, testing him out to see if he was going to allow us to keep it. He LOVED her. Then we hid her back in my purse (she loved it in there) - and then we brought the purse into the house... we told Gabriel that I found him a birthday present at Safeway (the grocery store) and that even though it wasn't his birthday yet, I was going to let him have it early. I told him it was in my purse, but that it was fragile, so be careful! He gingerly opened my purse and burst into tears of thankfulness when he saw it was a kitten!! He cried while holding her, telling us, "You don't have to get my another present for FOUR years, Mom!" LOL It was so very sweet.



2 comments:
Misty is SOOO cute!!!!
I do not like cats at all (had a bad experience when i was a kid) BUT MAN kittens are SO cute!! That is so very sweet what he said!!! I can just imagine his look on his face when you told him you found his present at the grocery store! LOL
Now that is a CUTE kitten (and I don't really even like cats)! She has beautiful eyes and I like her coloring. So sweet about Gabe! I can just imagine him. I guess there's another account of the best things in life being free. ;)I'm glad you got another pet, as I know he was heartbroken when you guys got rid of your pup. Fun story!
Post a Comment