Thursday, May 21, 2009

The New Hairdo...

Well, as many of my friends read on Facebook... I got an extreme new hair style. I really wasn't too sure what I thought about it, in fact I was kinda freaked out! I decided that I just wanted to wear it to church and see people's "real thoughts" - rather than post a photo on my blog or facebook. I hope that doesn't sound awful... I was just feeling kinda scared about it and wasn't ready to post any pictures yet. So, I wore it to church tonight and I got an overwhelming positive response! I don't think anyone didn't like it. I'm so relieved. Whew. Sigh. I guess I was most unsure about the color, it's all just a big change. I know it's all vanity, but hair is important to a woman... so I just wanted to share my new "do" with my far away friends. So... a few days ago it was all dark brown with a few grays sticking out and about 3 feet long... and now we have this. Change is fun. OH, and my lips look so pale because I hadn't put on my lipstick yet. :)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenny,
WOW!!!! I hope you are getting used to your beautiful hair.
You are a real beauty inside and outside too. Can't wait to see it in person,
Jackie Harper

Garth and Becky said...

So am I considered a "far away friend?" ;-) Thanks for posting pics. You look pretty trendy!!

Julie said...

Very cute!!! I didn't see you last night, but I love the pic!

Anonymous said...

I love your hair Jenny! Espcially the colors, so beautiful! Kudos to your hair stylist, she did a great job! I bet you will really love having less hair to take care of come summer... Thanks for sharing your picture :)
~Kerrie

Jenny said...

I love it!! It's great! Change is fun, as you say. It's much like mine, actually, but with shorter layers. You are so good with your hair, always looking beautiful. It's lovely, Jenny! :)

K.McKen. said...

LOVE IT!!!! I'm glad you shared it with us "far away friends" even though you had all the anxiety about it. When I went short with mine, I nearly fell on the floor feeling sick over it but now I LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

You are beautiful! So, just one question comes to mind.....How does Dan feel about it? It seems a bit shorter than what he said when you asked him about my hair! ;-) I'm sure he loves it! I just have to laugh because, do people really think I'd actually get my hair cut this short without my hubby's permission? What does that say about my character?! Lol! Oh well, I love your hair!

~Emily

Jeanné said...

I LOVE your new hair style!! It "fits" you!! You are so beautiful, inside and out!! I know you were nervous and not so sure about it, but it looks good!!

Jenny said...

Okay Friends... thank you so much!! I truly appreciate you comments! Soo... I had a friend tell me that they thought this photo was not very accurate of what it looks like, and that in person it looks better than here...and that they didn't like it really, based on this photo. I'm thankful for honest friends. All that to say, I'll probably throw up another photo soon. I look forward to showing Joy, and she's on a little trip in Virginia with her family right now - with no internet. I want her to see what it "really" looks like too... another reason I'll throw up another photo - after I take some. Love you, my friends!

PS - Emily, Dan loves the color, but can't say that he LOVES all the layers. He says he'll probably love it in a month or so. I had his permission as far as the "bottom length" goes. Also, it's not at ALL that we would think that you would go against what your husband says about your hair!! Rather, that we wouldn't think that he would change his preference for your hair. Make sense? Soooo... if he didn't change his wishes, that makes us ask if you "had permission" .. lol. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Okay, okay, that's fair! Lol! I know, he is a bit "obsessed" with it!! But he does like it! ;-) Although, I think I'll like it better in a couple of months when I can pull it back w/o hair pins! AAAAgh!!! Well, you my dear, look gorgeous!!

~Emily

Karilee said...

This FAR AWAY friend thinks you look maaahvelous. Honestly, I can imagine how gorgeous it does look, but as you mentioned the picture doesn't do it much justice.
The color(s) is also very pretty...its very classy and up to day, but not on the wacked out side of up to date. :)
I too, recently got a little hairdo change and even though I too, had permission...it took Brian a few days to get used to it. Now he loves it, and I'm sure that Dan will love it too!
Aren't you glad that our husbands actually care what we do with our hair? :)
...but, yes, we would like another picture...please.

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Oh My...I love it!!!! You look Great as a Blonde.....Who ever did your color must have been a real Pro....The cute is Awesome....I bet it must be easier washing it. Love Love Love it!!!