Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tropical Butterfly House

It has been a long time since I have posted... we have been so very busy! Everything from yardwork and doctor appointments for Malachi to photoshoots and field trips. My birthday is this week, and my mother asked me what I would like for my birthday. I told her that I would really love a family membership to the Pacific Science Center so that we could visit there any time we needed to go to Seattle for Malachi's doctor's appointments for his helmet therapy. It makes for a great homeschool field trip. So, that's what she got for me and we had a wonderful time this past weekend exploring the Science center. It was a great field trip. One of our favorite exhibits is the tropical butterfly house they have there. Hundreds of butterflies in a large atrium surrounded by dozens of tropical plant species the likes you could never see growing in the wild around here. Admiring the tropical plants and trees is just as much fun for me as seeing the butterflies. Here are a few of the photos I took at the Butterfly House.



So.... Malachi has his helmet now... and I'll post photos of that soon. We decorated it "Seahawks" style for his first round of stickers. I'm sure we'll have to switch them out every few weeks as the stickers get worn away.











I think this one is a water lily.





Isn't this odd? Red - corn - like flowering plant.





6 comments:

Tom and April said...

Beautiful pictures Jenny. Happy Birthday.

Amanda said...

Happy birthday my dear! We will have to do something for your birthday! I hope you have a great day!

Jenny said...

What a wonderful birthday gift! Happy birthday to you! I hope all is going well with Malachi's helmet therapy. I look forward to seeing pictures of him in it--he is such a cutie! :)

Jeanné said...

i love looking at your photos!!
you do amazing work!! Chris and i plan on taking our siblings to seattle for a day! I have not been there in a L O N G time! I want to go to the science center, the aquarium, and the zoo!!

Today is your birthday!! Happy Birthday! Have a wonderful day!!

Kerrie said...

Beautiful pictures! The butterfly house is always our family's favorite part of the zoo or science center! I love the one in Seattle!!
That is a perfect birthday gift, such a great idea! I may have to borrow that kind of idea, cause I never know what to tell my mom or grandma.
Hope you are enjoying your day!

Jennison said...

Yes! I read your blog daily (well, check daily.... look forward to your updates) Converted in Lightroom means that I converted the raw file in lightroom... developed it.... then I save as a jpg for posting on my blog or printing. I'm glad you like the settings, I was wondering if anybody read or cared about that part!!! Your photos are sooooo beautiful lately, I think the move to the DSLR was the perfect next tool for you. Thanks for reading mine :)