After some heavy and consistent rains, there were puddles everywhere. And as parents of little ones, we are always saying things like, "Get in the car and don't step in that puddle." And it seems that small children, especially boys, love the puddles and are drawn to them like a magnet. We had so many puddles at church and all evening we were steering Isaiah out of them... "No, no, over here Ike, on the sidewalk... don't step in the water." Then again that night at the grocery store and then in our alley. So, I promised the children that the next day... if we still had puddles around, we would go stomping in them! They almost didn't believe me. But we sure had a blast the next day! Of course, it ended up with the classic "Mom, I'm freezing to DEATH!" scenario an hour later and we had to all have warm baths... but it was still worth it! I just had to add funny little captions to the photos! Have you ever taken your children puddle stomping?Thursday, April 03, 2008
Puddle Stomping!!
After some heavy and consistent rains, there were puddles everywhere. And as parents of little ones, we are always saying things like, "Get in the car and don't step in that puddle." And it seems that small children, especially boys, love the puddles and are drawn to them like a magnet. We had so many puddles at church and all evening we were steering Isaiah out of them... "No, no, over here Ike, on the sidewalk... don't step in the water." Then again that night at the grocery store and then in our alley. So, I promised the children that the next day... if we still had puddles around, we would go stomping in them! They almost didn't believe me. But we sure had a blast the next day! Of course, it ended up with the classic "Mom, I'm freezing to DEATH!" scenario an hour later and we had to all have warm baths... but it was still worth it! I just had to add funny little captions to the photos! Have you ever taken your children puddle stomping?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













8 comments:
oh these are tooo cute..and that little girl of yours in muddy pink, just so sweet.....
Maybe if more adults would do this there would be less problems, stress and road rage.
~~Deby
How FABULOUS! You are a better Mom than I. I would have been twiching watching them knowing the clean up process was coming. HA! It looks like so much fun!
Lisa
Some of my kids' favorite photos from years ago is when Gabe and Isaac were allowed to play in the mud puddle created when Dad washed the car. They giggle at the photos to this day. Loved the post. The pictures should make for a fun scrapbook page.
Oh Jenny, I love these photos. Great job mommy on letting your kids be just that...KIDS!!! I love it.
Oh how fun...I wanna come and play in the puddles. hehe. I can see they enjoyed that so much. I hope I can remember to let my kids-(hoping more come soon) take time to enjoy those things when they get older. They will remember those times forever. I can see it now when you get together and they are older and they say "Remember when mom would let us stomp around in the mud puddles - that was such a blast!" :) Ape.
Okay so I love the whole idea! Love the first shot with the water coming up it is great! For the record this is never to be told to my kids. All puddles are off limits!!!! just joking that is great!
So this is the kind of fun my family gets to have when I am at work?! Not Fair! I should have come home on my lunch break and jumped in the puddles with them. Next time, Jen, you need to tell me about the puddle-stomping plan before you go out to do it!
Dan
Now that looks like a BLAST!!! :):) I love it! They are oh so cute!
Post a Comment