When he told me he wanted to paint the wainscoat 2 different colors in each of the different rooms and our fireplace black, I had a wonderful opportunity to practice keeping my opinions and doubts to myself and letting my husband lead. I thought it was a somewhat crazy idea... but it's his home and he should be able to have it look however he wants. :) So, with a blind eye I said, "Have fun!"
Well, I got back, and I think it looks fabulous! The flash is bouncing off of the fireplace in this photo...but it's a beautiful matte black. The only thing he hasn't completed is the chair rail that will go on top of the black wainscoat... and the white chair rail also.
Here is what that wall looked like before.... there was a mirror above the fireplace, and the fireplace was a light wood color, as well as the wainscoat. The school cabinet has been moved, and the baby swing is in the garage, but it will be rejoining us in 2 months. The word actually says "Blessings", but a photo is covering the "s".
In this photo, you can also see some of the white wainscoatting that he painted...it also was the light maple color before. It looks great in the dining room and will look especially good after the chair rail is up. We also plan on replacing the trim around the mirrow in the dining room with a white trim/frame that matches the chair rail somewhat. Only 3 walls in our home are that deep red color...and here all 3 are visible. The back dining room wall, and the 2 small walls that join the kitchen island. The rest of the dining room is a cream color.
I just had to share my hubby's accomplishments, I'm so proud of him and his handiwork! He really knows how to pay attention to detail and is not afraid of hard or boring work! I love that he wants to make the space "his" and remodel it to his liking. Many men couldn't care less about the home and it's colors... but for us, he wants to be involved in all of those choices. I praise God for a loving and sweet man who takes such good care of us selflessly.



7 comments:
I think it looks fabulous. He did a wonderful job. What a great eye! Well, we are getting stuff done around the house because the in-laws are flying in tomorrow morning. Tommy came home early from work to help finish stuff. That was really great of him, so I have to say I am proud of mine too. Your house looks beautiful. Ape.
what's a wainscoat?
Awwww... you guys are too sweet. :) Wainscoating (there are a few ways it is spelled) is the paneling that goes halfway up a wall. It is now used for looks... but I believe it was originally to make walls easier to clean, not positive though. It can be in other designs than the "paneling" style, sometimes it is elegant with squares and carved moulding.
Oh, I forgot you had family coming in, we were thinking of inviting you guys over on Wednesday night after church for some snacks and fellowship. We will have to do that soon. :)
WOW! That looks GREAT! He did a wonderful job!
It looks great....and I love that red color. Thanks for the ideas on the blog pictures earlier today....Dont ask me how, but I finally got the pictures to align to the left....I kept having to change the size of the pictures and move the writing...but it mostly turned out okay....except the writing with that last picture wouldnt stay next to the picture...when I published it, it kept moving down below. Oh well. Thanks anyhow. You are gonna have to come over and see our new place sometime. It is super easy to find...and finally we have plenty of space for entertaining.
What a great job and I love the red, have quite a bit of it in my home.
Good job yielding to your husband, that is not always easy but a great example to all of us, Jenny.
Deby
Bro.Bramblett did all of our service yesterday,,,what a blessing tha man is.
We would love to come over anytime. My father-in-law is a pastor in TX, they cannot wait to meet everyone and visit the church.....but mostly they just want to see Faith :) Ape.
Post a Comment