Saturday, November 04, 2006

Baby Keturah Grace is HERE!

Yes, I finally DID have the baby....I had her on Sunday, Oct. 29th at 5:56 pm. Life has just been too busy to get to my blog, so I'm so sorry you had to wait so long! I hadn't even looked at the pictures myself until today.

Dan got to announce the gender, and when he did I couldn't believe it! I still can't believe it, we have a daughter! The birth was very fast, way too fast if you ask me, but next time I'll remember to go to the hospital when they're 10 minutes apart, not 5 and 6. So, I guess it was more the labor that was fast, the birth was perfect. :) I'm so glad that my friend Joy got to be there. That was extra special for me. Keturah had to be suctioned a bit extra because there was meconium in the amniotic fluid, but she didn't inhale or swallow any, praise the Lord. She is strong and healthy now, and we got to go home the next day. She is nursing well and seems to be a quiet and peaceful baby so far. I know it's still early to tell, but her temperament so far is calm and relaxed. We only heard her all-out wail in the hospital when she was being weighed and getting her PKU test, but thus far at home, only little squeaks when she needs something. God is sooo good. I still can't believe I have a girl!

Many friends have given us wonderful gifts already, Dan says the office looks like it was hosed with Pepto Bismal. I just love seeing the pink around!! I so look forward to the tights and little shoes that she will wear to church....to the barrettes and head bands. I just can't wait. The boys love her, they ask to take turns holding her and all treat her will gentlness and kindness. Isaiah thinks her umbilical stump is very "icky" and it knda freaks him out, but that will solve itself soon enough. The other boys also got very distressed at seeing the little bit of blood from her cord that was on her onsie, but I reassured them that it was normal, baby is not "bleeding". LOL

Thank you all for praying for me and this precious little one. Everything went great, and is still going perfect! I feel great and am recovering quickly. Aren't the hospital pictures funny in that I still have my "church jewelry" on? Like I said....it was FAST. There was no thought to taking off jewelry. Hee hee. We went home after morning services, had lunch, then took the kids to their sitters and went to the hospital. I did manage to get a gown on and play 1/2 round of boggle, yes, that's 1/2 of a three minute round. Then I got up to sit in a chair and it was all downhill from there. :) We did score it later, and of course, Dan won. Thank you again for your prayers and well wishes. We give glory to God for his many blessings.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It must be exciting for you to get to explore the realm of girls now. Keturah is beautiful, and we're thankful she is here safely. Hopefully I'll get to come see her soon!

Karilee said...

Oh Jen, she is so sweet. I'm crying just looking at the pictures and knowing how blessed Katura is to have a Mommy like you. God is so good.

Jennison said...

Oh my goodness SHE is absolutely GORGEOUS! I mean honestly beautiful! You must be so thrilled (and now you get to watch the 'men' in your family go soft because of her!) I'm so happy all went well and everyone is so healthy and happy. Bless you and all your family, you deserve all the happiness in the world. :)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS AND PRAISE THE LORD FOR ANSWERED PRAYER!!!!
We prayed and prayed for God to give you the desires of your heart and we know how badly you wanted a girl to go with your precious boys!!! God is SOOOO GOOD!! Praise the Lord for your wonderful blessing and for taking care of you both! We rejoice with you in the beautiful precious blessing the Lord has bestowed upon you! We Praise the Lord for HE is So good!
Love in Christ,
The Leakes

Anonymous said...

Jen, congratulations! Your daughter is sooo photogenic! Which is good because I have a feeling many pictures are in her future.... PS... change your blog title....:-) God is SOOOOO good.

Anonymous said...

Jenny, I am soooo happy for you! A Baby GIRl Savage!! I can just imagine the pink and lace! I am thrilled you will experience a precious delicate little girl. How fun to watch the boys be do gentle with her. I loved the pictures, I have been checking on a regular basis and now SHE is here! How surprised and blessed you must feel! Love to you and your family!