
I was introduced to these beautiful hair bows by a sweet friend of mine when they were in her
little girl's hair....they are sold at Gymboree, she told me. Well, I go to check them out because they are the cutest thing ever, and boy are they expensive! Not something where I can go and buy one of each color. :( So, I buy one, and then decide to try and see if I make them. Well, after much research and trying, I have made some! Well, I have made two. They are a little time consuming to make, but I
think the end result is so fun that it's worth it! I made a pink and brown one that I am planning on giving to my friend for her little girl, and a red and cream one that is made to match her Christmas dress. For Keturah I put them on snap barrettes so that they can be snapped onto a headband. Yes, it seems I'm making hair embellishments even before she truly has hair. :) But, what did you expect? Don't you know ME? Hee hee.So, here is her Christmas dress...it was a gift from Joy. :) She's way too sweet to me. It's sooo beautiful, I told her I couldn't have imagined a dress that I would like more than this one. It's so perfect in every way, down to the roses on it, she really knows my style
and what I like. I clipped the hair bow I made to the top of the dress to show how it goes, I think it matches well enough. I'm looking forward to find some smaller grosgrain ribbon and making some more. How fun!Josiah has been such a great help with the baby. He is so good with her, I can trust him completely. He brings her to me if I need her, and loves to just sit and hold her. He often asks if he can when she's sleeping...I have to tell him no, but when she wakes up you can. He is just so in love with her, and that makes my mommy heart so happy. Gabriel is too...and he wants to hold her, but he is still full of sudden movements that startle her too badly. His mind is still a little too
wandery to hold a tiny baby...but I still let him, just with me sitting right there. Isaiah also wants to hold her, he says, "I hold it". LOL I let him try. Well, I'm off to clean the house like a mad woman and then maybe do a little Christmas shopping. Byebyes.



2 comments:
Josiah's holding her so gently - I keep wanting to take her out of his arms and hold her myself!
LOVE the headband with the dress. You are doing a great job with the bows. They look a LOT like the Gymboree ones. I like that.
Keturah is changing with every picture. :) She is sooo beautiful!
Post a Comment