Thursday, November 09, 2006

One week old....


Well, it officially looks like a bomb went off in my house, but I have new pictures to share so that surely can't wait! :) Besides, houses will always get messy and we will always have to clean them, then as soon as we do, they will just go to disorder again anyway. Me and Josiah will tackle the house later, he's an awesome helper.

Keturah is a little over one week old in these pictures. I still haven't taken any of her in natural light when she's awake, I hope to do that soon. So, these are mostly with a flash, which lights up any tiny mark on skin like a glowing red lesion. Without the flash she doesn't look scratched up at all. Life has been pretty easy with her so far. We are adjusting well to having a baby in the house, and she is adjusting very well to us. She eats well and is mostly content. We've had no sleepless nights with a crying baby, she only fusses when she's hungry or needs to go to sleep. We praise the Lord for his many, many blessings.

It's been so fun to watch Dan with her. We're both just so in love with her. But there's something special when it's Daddy with a little girl. He's so good with babies, and not all men are. He re-teaches me how to swaddle each time we have a new one. It's nice to be able to know he can handle a tiny baby while I get rest, or whatever.

Well, I better get back to the scene of the bombing. We have three male suspects in mind that will be brought in for questioning later. They will be required to make full restitution. :D Hee hee. Thank you for looking!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's already looking bigger! You dress her up so pretty. I'm glad you're having an easy time and fun with her.
PS. Did you take a picture off of the last post of you and Dan? I liked that one.?

Anonymous said...

Nevermind - it came up again.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jenny! What a beautiful baby girl! And, yes, as my sister said, you dress her up so pretty...but then, did we have any doubt that you, a beautician, would do otherwise? :D I'm so glad you had an easy delivery and are adjusting well. And, YEAH!-you had a girl! Now you have some of each. :D God bless and have fun with the 'bombsite'. I totally know the feeling...the house gets dirty faster than you can keep it clean, huh? :D racheldawn

Anonymous said...

I like her smile. She looks so cute. I like her name, it's pretty. I wish I could hold her, she's the cutest.
Love,Sophia