
We are so excited that our cherry tomatoes are ripening. The plants kept getting bigger and bigger and now they're as tall as me. They were COVERED with yellow flowers, so I know sooo many more tomatoes are coming! These are from the orange tomato plant. I can't remember it's official species name, there are a few, but it's a very sweet tropical tomato with big flavor. They don't turn red, they ripen to orange. They are sooo delicious!! My kids don't think so, but I suppose tomatoes eaten off the vine is a special treat enjoyed mostly by adults. I sure love them. Soooo much better than store bought tomatoes!!! I look forward to enjoying them all summer.

We had a great time on our little 3 day vacation, I plan to post some pics soon. We took day trips, preferring to come back and sleep at home. It was great. Isaiah wasn't too fond of the donosaur exhibit at the Pacific Science Center, they truly lived up to their definition "terrible lizards" to him. We're having tacos tonight, so I better get on that. So much prep work for tacos, but it's worth it. :D



2 comments:
I love that picture of those tomatoes!!Its a great shot. I wish I could taste them. Did you make refried beans to go with your tacos? I still do it just the way you showed me and they're always great!
Did you grow anything else besides tomatoes? Did you do Dahlias this year? I always think of you when I see dahlias.
We had tiny yellow pear tomatoes last year that came in abundantly. They do taste so good. There's nothing like fresh tomatoes from the garden. Haven't harvested much from our garden from this year yet, though. Beautiful pictures - I love pictures of fruits and vegetables. Glad your pregnancy is going well. :)
Post a Comment