Thursday, July 27, 2006

Sooo sorry it took so loooong!!

One reason that it's taken me forever to post this next post is because we were on a little vacation. Then after that we were re-doing the office to accommodate the new baby coming, blah dee blah blah.....but now the computer is back and I'm posting! :)

The NEWS is that we bought a new van!!! (huge grin) Well, it's new to US anyway. It's a Chrystler Town and County LXi. Yes, that my friends, those little letters mean it's the loaded version. We have never owned a completely loaded vehicle! We're still trying to figure out half the buttons. I accidentally set off the alarm the other day, and we didn't even knew it had an alarm. LOL We got an AMAZING deal, so much better than we expected. We had saved up the cash to make this purchase, so we knew we wouldn't be borrowing or incurring a payment... Praise the Lord! ...and Dan knew "this guy" who was a manager of 5 of the lots at the huge Auto Center....Dan had helped him purchase many items in the past, and he had always told us that if we ever needed a vehicle that he would get us a great deal. We were pretty skeptical about what kind of "deal" he could really get, sometimes people promise that and it's nothing to get excited about. Boy were we (mostly me) wrong! We ended up saving over $4,000 from the list price and from what were were expecting to pay! For a used vehicle, that's a lot! We had money left over from what we had gathered to pay. God is sooo good! We still can't believe the deal we got. It's blue book is still thousands higher than we paid for it. We are truly blessed. It runs great, everything works, and all the little extras are so niiiiice. It's leather inside, and it was perfectly maintained. It came with an extra Infinity stereo system (could that be what the i stands for?) and the sound, as well as the air, can be directed only to where you want it. Sorry......we are just MORE than excited. We're just not used to all these fun little features. Sooooo.....that's our big news. :) We were both loving those little stick figure families that we occasionally see on vehicles, so we quickly acquired a little famiy for ourselves. I guess they're HUGE in California, Joy says they're on almost every vehicle, but it's a pretty new thing up here. I'll include a little pic of my stick figure fam.

In other news, I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and everything is still going well. I have gained a total of 3 pounds for the pregnancy, and that was only in this last month. It was sooo funny, when I first got on the scale, it's right next to a counter, and I had NO idea that I had my hand on the counter.....I was kinda accidentally supporting myself with the counter! She started to move the thingys on the scale and we were both getting really confused...how could I have lost that much weight??? THEN I realized my hand was on the counter! We both had a good laugh and then acquired the correct number.

Dan gave blood today, and no, not for entirely altruistic reasons. I was trying to get out of a RhoGam shot that's coming tomorrow....I have Rh negative blood, and with each baby I have gotten the 28 week RhoGam shot for no reason, since all of the babies also had negative blood. RhoGam is a shot that prevents my body from building antibodies against a positive baby, should I be carrying one. Since all mine were neg., that was really making me think that Dan also had negative blood, since we had not made a positive baby yet. Well, turns out that he has positive blood, and it was only a fluke that we hadn't made a positive blooded baby yet. I'll for sure be getting that shot tomorrow. Oh well, it's not that it hurts, I just don't like injecting "stuff" into my pregnant body if it's not necessary. Oh well. I better get back to the kids....I have 6 children for the next 19 days. The challenge will be fun.

2 comments:

Karilee said...

HURRAY FOR YOU!!! What a blessing to have a new vehicle!! God is sooo good and really more than good! He always blesses over and above what we can ever imagine! About alarms... Brian always thinks it's funny to make the alarm go off when the kids and I are sitting INSIDE the Suburban...ha ha, so funny. I, on the other hand, like to set off the alarm when he's in the Suburban and I'm driving in his car driving to the same location, it's so funny! It makes it look like he's honking at other people!! Ha! technology! I love it! Enjoy you're new van!!

Jennison said...

How fantastic is THAT! Wow! I had a loaded Town and Country that was my absolute FAVORITE car so I can relate to all that stuff you're writing.. I felt the SAME way! CONGRATULATIONS, so cool.... a real family car for that ever growing family of yours! Bless you!