I have been studying Chernobyl a little lately... and it is so very tragic.The thoughts about Chernobyl were brought on by the return of the Stennis. I was thinking about how so many of our men work in the nuclear department.... making sure it all runs right.... which brought on thoughts of nuclear power.... which brought on thoughts of the possible dangers and risks of nuclear power.... which brought back to mind Chernobyl. Some words on Chernobyl from Wikipedia:
"The Chernobyl nuclear disaster was the worst accident in the history of nuclear power. On April 26, 1986 at 01:23 a.m. reactor number four at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant located near Pripyat in Ukraine exploded. Further explosions and the resulting fire sent a plume of radioactively contaminated fallout into the atmosphere and over an extensive geographical area."
Here is a website from a photographer that focuses on the devastating human consequences of the event now 21 years ago. Be warned that it may be graphic and is most certainly very sad.
Studying this shows me yet even more blessings to thank Him for that I hadn't before considered.



2 comments:
hello, Jenny. Here's the link where you can actually listen to the stories, and read them. It was very moving for me last year. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5355810
Lord bless you, see you soon. Luba
Hi, Jenny. I don't know if you are still researching Chernobyl, but in today's Yahoo top news was this article - http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070917/ukraine_chernobyl.html?.v=1
praise the Lord, this looks like GOOD news. Have a great day. Luba
Post a Comment