Saturday, June 02, 2007

Painting my Mailbox...

For a long long time I have wanted to paint my mailbox, even at our previous home... but there was never time... or rather, there was always something more important that I should have been doing with my time. Last year I was expecting Keturah so the only tasks I accomplished outside were my tomatoes and flowers. But THIS year I got it done! Really, it was on a whim. It started yesterday evening when I came home from running errands... I was watering the flowers and plants, and the children were begging to play in the sprinkler. I thought NO WAY, big wet mess that only ends in shivering children. But then I saw the perfect opportunity to let them play and splash away while I got a start on my mailbox!




I was able to get the roses painted last night before it got too cold...but then this morning it looked like some of the paint had run! It looked just like someone had dumped a bucket of water on my freshly painted mailbox! :( I asked Dan about it, and he thinks it maybe was caused by a "dew" that comes after the sun sets. Huh. Tsk. I was so sure it wasn't going to rain, I thought I was safe. Well, tonight I wasn't going to risk that again so I had him un-mount the huge thing and I painted it in the house. It has been a long time since I one-stroked, but I was able to fumble my way back into it. In the morning we will spray the clear coat on and get it back mounted on it's stand.

I'm very excited that tomorrow we will be looking at 2 pianos. Our friend Luba found 2 pianos while out garage-saling today, one is only $75. I have missed having a piano terribly! I look forward to getting back into it and teaching the boys! Josiah mostly, and the others as they show interest. Dan also loves it when I play for his specials... he really wants me to be able to do that with him again. We love the unity that comes from a husband and wife being able to serve together. I hope we find THE piano for us tomorrow! Well.... it's WAY late, but I was very ill today and napped off and on, that's the only reason for my late night energy. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

JEN!!! How late were you up last night!?? Crazy lady! Your mailbox looks very nice.... :-)

Anonymous said...

That is really pretty. I like bright colors on black background. I still don't see how you can do something like that in one afternoon or day. Good job!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL Jenny!!! I know you have wanted to do that for so long. I LOVE IT!! :):) Your post has me in tears. I am so excited about your piano hunt and pray you find one! :) I know how important it is for you to play for Dan's specials. That would sure be nice to be able to do that again.
Better go...Hannah is beating her siblings up with the kid broom I bought. Hee hee....what's new there?! :)
I LOVE YOU!!!