Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Red Lobster Date Night...

After a rough couple of weeks with Dan's job changing so much and some rough spots in the family dynamic and a hundred other things being difficult to deal with.... Dan took us out for a surprise night out! It was so fun for him to plan a surprise for us! He just called and told me to have the kids ready to go out by 6:30 and to have myself all prettied up.





Well, at 6:30 we were all dressed up and ready to go! He came home a few minutes early and cleaned out the van a little, which was nice.... and then we left. He still wasn't telling me where we were going or what we were doing. The kids were thinking it was Chuck E Cheese... I was thinking NOT. So, as we approach town, and enter into town, he tells me I have to close my eyes as we go to our secret destination. I close them.... as he begins to take crazy turn after crazy turn. I was SOO lost in my head! I knew the part of town where he was heading after we took the first turn, but then it was all craziness after that. I had NO IDEA where we were going.


Then, after what seemed like a really really long time, he parked the van and told me I could open my eyes. WHAT?! How did we end up at Red Lobster?! He had made his first turns in a totally different part of town... but he did all that just to throw me off! Haha. So silly. Well, it REALLY worked, I would have never thought he had driven to there from the blindfolded feel of it. What a great surprise!!


We went in to have a leisurely dinner and it was wonderful! What a great time! I was so thankful for this much needed night off!



While at dinner, I asked Dan why he had planned this evening? His answer was adorable. He said that he was seeing too much of "THIS" around the house......
























And not enough of THIS. LOL











Thank you Dan, for a wonderful and relaxing evening out... we all had a wonderful time, even Turah. :D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a lot of fun - I love when things happen like that. So did you actually celebrate Josiah's birthday yet? Or did that end up being the same night that Dan decided to just take everyone out for fun?

Anonymous said...

Awww, how wonderful and sweet!!! I am so happy you got a wonderful surpise and had so much fun. I am sorry it has been so rough around there. My heart is with you. Hope you have lots more of these...:):):):):)
I love ya Jenny!!
Joy

Anonymous said...

You always have the best stories from just normal family life to tell! No wonder you are so captivating on this blog here. Keep them coming, you never dis appoint! BTW, can't wait till November for the Scrap book convention. We will have to talk soon about all that. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Soooo sweet, Jenny! That is so wonderful. Sounds like something much needed. I am glad to hear that you had a fun evening out. I hope all is going well with you now. I miss you! Love, Jenny :)