
Here's how I found my joyous 1 year old (almost 2) last night. I guess the oldest brother thought this was the best use of his free McD's stickers. The baby (as I'll call him) loved it!! He didn't want to take it off! Then we had to do the same for middle brother, although he wasn't as patient about leaving his on. I even had fun using a few to tape my eyelids up. You know, when you stick it to your eyelid then lift it and stick the other half to your forehead so you can't blink. It was all going splendidly until I started to realize McDonalds used duct tape adhesive on these stickers! I was able to get it off my eyelids, but not before giving the kids a good laugh at my expense. Yes, we are very silly at home, and daddy is usually the silliest!
I'm still not sure if I'm going to can this (blog) or not. I got a lot of emails from friends that answered my question I asked a couple weeks ago, or whenever that was, about what they thought about it's safety. Many told me not to quit it, that they enjoy it and think it's safe, others said they thought it wasn't so safe. I got varying opinions, but good advice. Dan loves it, but he's left the decision up to me.
I think with not feeling well this week, and not sleeping well with this cold, I just kinda lost interest in life. :) You know how it is when you're not "on top of your game", when you're tired and things take longer, etc. That can be discouraging and you just never get around to the extra "fun" stuff like emailing and blogging. But I'm feeling much better now and I'm almost phlegm free! LOL
We are almost done with school now and I'm looking forward to summer! We have just a few weeks left, we should finish the beginning of June, right on schedule with my original plan. I'll be ordering next years curriculum very soon and we're excited. We'll be learning the US presidents next year, and I'm really looking forward to that. Maybe then I'll stop saying things like....."the 50 presidents".....followed by a long pause as I try to figure out how I know (or why I think) there was 50. So silly....I know! I think the real number is like 43 or something, so at least I'm close! LOL It's not only ME that says that either, I've heard others talk about the 50 presidents too!! LOL I'm really excited about the prices, with this new year I'll be teaching Gabriel preschool, so I thought that I would be needing to pay a chunk more....but Joy is going to give me the teachers guide that she has from last year, so the work-papers will only be $10. Praise the Lord! Then Josiah's is only $228, so I'm pretty excited. I know that the cost will grow as my children age, but I also know that as I practice good stewardship, God knows my needs and will always provide. He always has!



4 comments:
Nice bandaids. We do funny things around our house too, especially with baby. He makes, or rather we make with his face, a very funny bulldog face! Isn't it fun to be a parent?!
OH my GOODNESS that is TOOO funny! :) What a HOOT! :) I think that is great. I can see mine doing that to my baby as well...shoot I can see MYself doing that...JUST KIDDING! :):) (Well sorta) :):):) That is a great picture! :)
Okay Okay, but can you touch your tongue to your elbow?? I know, off the wall....
My eldest used to put stickers on his face, very matter of factly, because when he got his first set of stickers from the store, I just casually put one on his nose to show him that they stick - well he thought that is where they go; hence stickers on the face at our house is "just where they go, mom"
Have a wonderful, glory driven day.
Hee hee...They weren't bandaids, they were stickers from McDonalds...it wouldn't have been nearly as funny if they had wasted good bandaids! :) That would have made me grumpy! :D
Post a Comment