Saturday, June 03, 2006

Some great shots that dad took...


Dan took these at church unbeknownst to me, and I love them! He's getting really good! He took a nice one of my friend's baby daughter too that turned out nice. I just thought I'd share his growing abilities. Usually when a man takes a photo of a child, the print comes back with the child 1/2 an inch tall and TONS of photo spent on their surroundings. I guess we all used to do that, but we need to remember, to get in close sometimes! These pictures are straight out of the camera, no editing (yet).

I almost cried in Costco on Thursday, my son got his cast stuck in between the bars of the cart between his seat and the basket, reaching for a dropped little toy. He got his cast unstuck just fine, but he pulled to do so and was in immense pain afterward. I was so certain that he had re-broken his almost-healed arm. He cried and cried and couldn't move it with out the help of the "good" arm. I didn't know what to do.....should Joy and I leave? Go to the ER? They can't cast it at the ER, we would have to wait till the next day anyway....will he be able to sleep tonight if it's hurting this bad?.....is he going to stop crying in Costco?? He quieted down after awhile and I didn't end up crying.....we finished our shopping and he held his arm perfectly still the whole time. Then, as we were getting a snack on the way out, Joy said, "Jenny look!" There before us he was using his arm. He was lifting it and swinging it as he played (in the cart still). I was SOOOO relieved. I knew that if he could move it around that much, then we wouldn't have to re-start this whole weeks-in-a-cast death sentence. Praise the Lord. He is still fine, banging his cast on whatever will let him. I will be sure to mention it to the doctor though.

I had my 20 week ultrasound this past week, and all is well! Baby is completely healthy and currently in the 58th percentile. We told the tech that we didn't want to know the gender, and accordingly she didn't tell us or show us. I asked her if she can tell by what she has seen so far what it is, and she said that she thinks she has an idea, that she was pretty sure. We are certain that we didn't see any boy parts go by, but black and white smears are hardly recognizable as human parts anyhow. Whatever God gives us is what we want.

Well, I better go, much to do. Need to cook for tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...beautiful. Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing them. I have missed your posts.

Karilee said...

Great job DAD! Glad to hear that Gabriel is doing better despite the Costco ordeal. :) Praying for that healthy baby!