Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Ladies Retreat was Awesome!

This is a picture of the lodges they had, but it's not the type that I stayed in. I'm standing at the one I stayed in as I take this picture.....there was more of a main lodge where we had our meals and our devotions, and I stayed in the second story of that. Aren't they beautiful though?? The whole place was more beautiful than I expected. I only wish they had a pool, since I coulnd't enjoy the hot tubs, being with child.

The theme of this year's retreat was contentment and the Lord revealed much to me. Mrs. Houston did a tremendous job with her lessons, I knew that she worked very hard to prepare them. In general, I don't struggle with contentment ..... I don't get "down", I don't get depressed, I never feel hopeless or like the world's against me (mostly because I think it's sin if you do! :~0 ), but there were other areas that I realized I need to be more content with. I need to be content with where God has me. I sometimes like to do everything to the highest degree....and that can mean in service and responsibilities too....but I need to remember that God has me where He needs me right now, and I need to be content and labor at whatever's put before me, and just give it my all.

At the retreat Mrs. Houston read out of my favorite "being a wife" book, Created to be His Helpmeet. She read aloud the part where the three different types of men are described. It was a blessing to hear those descriptions again, and even though I read the book often, I heard even new things that I could learn from. It was fun to share with other ladies afterwards who are also married to "Mr. Steadys". It was also fun and interesting to hear that a few women were sure that my Dan was a "Mr. Command Man". I praise the Lord for that, I know he's growing as he learns to lead the choir and lead those 50 people.

The most wonderful thing that happened at retreat was that my friend Sarah got saved!! Yes she did, she accepted the Lord as her personal savior! I'm soooooo glad that she went, I knew that the devil was fighting her on it, bringing up all kinds of reasons not to go, but she went anyway, she just knew that she needed to! She's such a neat girl, she just seems so very wise for her age. She's one smart cookie. I'll include a little pic of her here. :)


Today my friend Kimberly McKenzie came over today and ran errands with me, we had so much fun! She is such a cool friend, it's so neat when you can pick right up with someone you haven't spoken to barely at all in 3 years. She's on of those friends that we don't even have to say a word, we just look at each other and know what the other's thinking. It's good to have friends like that. It was so great so see her again and to catch up on our lives. I think we'll get to see them at church on Wednesday, they're coming since their father is preaching, Pastor McKenzie, and also because it's Kimberly's Dad's birthday. He's probably turning 34. Hee hee.....okay okay, MAYBE 36. Add a little "Just for Men" and he could fool anybody! LOL Just kidding Bro. Harper, you shouldn't cover up your wisdom!! I'm just being .... a dork. :)
I better go correct Josiah's school work. Bye!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You never cease to make me laugh Jenny! I couldn't wait to run home & look at the entry you made after I left your house today. I too had such a great time catching up on our old fun ways. (My mom just brought up the visitation story this morning & almost brought me to tears from laughter!)The pics from the retreat are gorgeous I wish I could have been there but maybe next year my hubby will let me come along. The ladies of your church seem to have such a sweet spirit about them & I always enjoy being around them. Also, I know my Mom was on cloud nine about Sarah accepting the Lord!!!! She is blessed to have a friend like you to lean on. I better pack up for the night. Oh, btw, we are going to have to put back the day that we are visiting Westside to Friday due to my husbands best friend coming back from Iraq after a 1 & 1/2 year tour. But we will be there at least one of the nights so see you again soon!!

Karilee said...

Praise the LORD! I am so glad to hear about Sarah! What a great blessing for you to be a true friend and help her come to know our Savior! I am so excited for her! Also, I got a good laugh over reading Kimberly's comments regarding "the visitation story", sooo funny, sooo very funny. ...maybe you should post it on your blog since it's now been mentioned twice? JK, it's a story that has to be told in person. Well, gotta go! lol