I was so proud of my son this past Sunday when he sang a solo in his children's choir. My mommy heart was beaming. There was an odd aspect to it though.... I suppose since I don't stand next to him during church singing, I hadn't noticed that he sings differently now. So, when he began to sing his solo in an alarming low voice, I was as stunned as anybody! I guess you don't notice the speaking voice changing since you hear it every day... But there was no missing this! When did this happen?? Sigh...it's bittersweet, for sure. After church as friends said, I didn't know he sang like that... I could honestly answer, "Neither did I!" Praising God for healthy, growing children.
Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
OMW I know! I was really surprised when he started singing. Both soloists did amazing jobs on Sunday!
Wow! The one service I've missed since Selah's birth and I missed the children singing?! Bummer! I didn't know they were singing. Oh well, I really needed the sleep!
Post a Comment