Thursday, April 29, 2010

Keturah's Big Hair Cut



As most of our friends know, Keturah recently had to undergo a big new haircut. But it wasn't by any planning of mine. :( It was the day that my grandmother passed away, and I was having a good cry on the sofa. That's not normally something I do, and all I can figure is it was too much for little Isaiah to handle... he temporarily lost his mind and gave his sister a haircut. Neither Dan nor I could believe believe it! I still can't. So, here's a little photo story for my friends who live afar and haven't seen her. The first photo is post-haircut, from the front. Oh, and the boxes behind her are the pedestals for our new washer and dryer, which came before the machines... they were installed the following day.... but for this day, lived in the middle of our living room.


Here's the back....no, she didn't used to have layers. Most of the back is gone.

Here you can see the chopped up layers. Much of it was the length in my hand, but some of it was much shorter, see the short pieces?
I concluded that the best way to fix it would be to cut it into an A-Line Bob, with layers in the back... I hoped that the layers would hide the chopped layers.


Here's the finished result. This side looks the most normal.










This side, (with the barrette in it) has the worst of the chopping. It *almost* looks normal. :/
People tell me that it looks cute... *sigh*.... and I'm thankful for their kind words... but it was pretty hard for me to give my only daughter, who took a long time to grow real hair, a bob. A BOB. I know, it really isn't anything at all... it's just hair... dumb hair! Still, it was hard. Thankfully hair grows back, and I'm just glad Ike didn't cut off a finger. Gotta look at the bright side, right? Another bright side? Split ends are gone. All ends are gone. :) Another? It looks fuller, people say. And it will probably grow out thicker. Scissors are now on the same list in my home as Sharpies and Nail Polish.














8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Jenny, I know it must have felt horrible for you to have to cut her hair.....but yes....SHE IS SO CUTE!!! You did a great job fixing it the best that you could and I think it looks great. I love those pictures. Great job mommy!!
kristi l

The Casaus House said...

I love it Jenny! Now I know who to go to if this should ever happen to me. I have had this discussion with Myah before b/c I wouldn't put it past her to do it to herself. She knows she will die if she EVER touches my scissors! I think I would die if she did that to her hair. Her ponytail is about as thick as my pinkie finger. :( So sad! Anyhow, I truly do love it. I think it is super duper adorable but I know how you must have felt too.

Amanda said...

It does look so cute! You did a great job cutting it. You know in some places around the world they shave baby's head to make the hair grow in curly!

Anonymous said...

Be thankful, it could have been her BANGS!!!! That is what Naomi did, to herself, and to her sister!!! It was awful, and it didn't seem to matter where I hid those scissors, she ALWAYS found them and found a way to get to them!! Thankfully, they now both have beautiful hair! (something I wondered if it would ever happen!) ;-)

~Emily

Kerrie said...

I don't think anything could make that little girl NOT be cute!! What a sweet looking face!

Anonymous said...

I think that it looks great and I think that you did an amazing job
Sandee Ragsdale

Joy said...

I LOVE IT!!!! She is SOOOOOOO cute Jenny!!! You did an awesome job! She is precious!

Walking With Christ said...

I just saw the photos today. I didn't get to see it at church... you did a GREAT job on fixing her hair. You really can't tell it was messed up in the first place. I love it. :) looks great!