Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Beautiful Drive!

Happy Lord's Day! We made it to CA, and it is warm and sunny... just what we were hoping for. :) We have some time to kill before our church services start, so I thought I could share some photos of the drive. It was beautiful, and Mount Sashta seemed so close at times it was almost frightening.

Here is a photo of the mountain and the valley below.


Here, the boys are playing rock, paper, scissors to see who gets to use Dad's headphones next.






So big. So close.



Some beautiful waters up high in the mountains. I couldn't see them well, but they were so green ... just amazing.


Rolling Hills. We don't see pasture land like this where we live, so it was a treat to see miles and miles of rolling hills... some had cattle... some had a ranch house... some just had grass.














California, growing our food. Orchards upon orchards... fields and vineyards. So pretty.








I just liked these trees and the fence. I don't know what species of tree they were, but I liked them. It's hard to take photos through a window going so fast! But I managed to catch a few at least through CA. Off to church now!




5 comments:

Garth and Becky said...

Beautiful landscapes...wow! I've never been to California. Looks like you're all having a grand time!

Jenny said...

Oh Becky... it's so beautiful! - I just can't beleive it sometimes! I get so very used to what WA looks like, that to see lands that are so different really makes an impact on me. Today we went to the beach... it was so gorgeous!! I plan to post about it soon. Sometimes I wish I could live here... but I would have to see what July and Aug feel like here first. LOL ;)

Amanda said...

Was the water Shasta lake? Tom and I want to spend a week down there just playing in the lake! We drove to Brian and Becka's wedding and got to drive over it! That was the first time I ever went to California. We loved it too! I am glad you guys are having so much fun!!!

Jeanné said...

beautiful!

Tom and April said...

It is beautiful looks like a wonderful time!(and thats just the drive!)