Even though we know that it's important to get away now and then and take time as a couple... we never seem to get around to doing it. I guess the biggest reason is that it's a lot to ask someone to watch 5 children for us... it's usually just easier to stay home, or stay together as a family and not ask. That's why I love couples retreat... it's like I "have to" go... I "should" go.... Dan "should" take me! Know what I mean??! There is a PLANNED event that we should go to. It's a must! LOVE it. And I love that we have wonderful family that we can leave our sweet blessings with while we are away. A million thank yous to Jason and Terri (who I don't think even read this blog, but I thank them anyway!) for watching our children... it's worth so very much to us, words cannot tell. Here are a few photos from last year. The first one is seriously overexposed, but I like it anyway. We were in an antique shop.

Here we were at the pier.

Here is Dan with Malachi..... WHO, by the way, is not coming with us this year... love him to death but I'm SO excited about that!!
I'm kind of all "photo'ed out" right now, but maybe I'll take a few shots this weekend. If I do, I'll share.



2 comments:
Yea! What fun! Glad to hear you will be able to get away together on your own. Enjoy your time!
We are excited about going too!! We are going to leave earlier on friday so we can go do somethings we havnt seen/done up there!
This is our first couples retreat! So excited to hear the messages pastor has for us! We LOVED our pre-marriage councel, we learned SO much, and it was SO extremly helpful!
Post a Comment