My name is Jenny Savage. I grew up in the small town of Sequim, Washington with one brother and one sister. Through band class, I met and married my highschool sweetheart Dan Savage in 1997. After highschool I attended and graduated from a community college, and then beauty school (just for fun!). I worked in a salon until the birth of our first son, Josiah, and have since been a stay at home mom. Best job on earth.
God has since blessed us with the gifts of 4 sons and 1 daughter. Children truly are a blessing and a gift! We seek to honor God as a family and put Him first in all that we do. We strive to raise our children in the love of Christ, to teach them to put Him first above all else, and teach them to love others. We choose to homeschool and count it a blessing.
I got involved with photography out of frustration at the prices and quality of the local studios. I just decided to do it, and very slowly began learning. I still have so very much to learn. Everything I learned, I learned for free and mostly online. I had mentors along the way who took time to teach me photoshop techniques. Photography is now a passion, a hobby and a small business for me, that I can teach to my children as they grow.
I love, in no particular order: my Bible, my amazing husband Dan, scrapbooking, hearing my son play the piano, sweet friendships, making hairbows, playing with my children, playing the piano, singing with my husband, cooking, Sundays at my church, my morning coffee, makeup!, planning birthday parties for my children, dreaming of travels, finding amazing light, being inspired by others and loving my man.
I hate, in no particular order: early mornings, negative people, mustard, people who think "I can't", people who live for money, a complaining spirit, my pride, liars, my hands, not seeing my family enough, baby powder scent, scrubbing the shower, whining children and migraines.
I started this blog in 2006 as a way to keep friends and loved ones updated on what we're doing. It serves as a creative outlet for me, combining some of my favorite hobbies - photography and writing. It's a place to share my love for the Lord, my inspirations, my photographs and the moments we create as a family.


