Tuesday, December 04, 2007

A New Process I'm LOVING!


I have been going through the photos of 2007 and editing and printing them! Yay! That is a big job but I want to make sure that I have prints, not just digital images. I am all the way through July. I saw on another scrapbooker's blog who is SUPER-DUPER organized how she plans her family scrapbooks and I've been implementing her ways with MUCH success!!





Here is what I've been doing: As I have been going through the photos of 2007 and editing them for printing, I have been making a "master list" of the pages I want to make for the family album for 2007. I just started in January going through the photos, deciding what was worth scrapbooking into the family album and what wasn't. When there was an event that I wanted to remember and scrapbook, then I added that event to the master list along with a notation of how many photos I edited and need to print for the page(s). THEN, when I want to work on that album, I already have all of the pages planned out on a list! And since I'm printing photos spec. for those pages, the photos will already be chosen and printed and ready! There is no guessing! AND this also is a great way to control how many pages go into the 2007 album... without there getting to be too many to fit into any album. (I like to have 1 album per year) If the list is getting too long, I can always cross a layout plan off the list that is less important so that the album is the right size.






My favorite part of this method is that when I want to scrapbook things that happened in July, I don't have to sit down with 17 photos from July 4th and decide there at the desk which ones are album worthy and which ones aren't. I have already chosen that at a different time. I know... it does make 2 steps to the process... but I can sit in bed or on a comfy sofa and edit and choose the photos to use, send them to the printer... then later scrap them when I'm in a mood for scrapbooking. Isn't that a neat method?! I LOVE the master list idea! Here is what the beginning of mine looks like for the month of January!


1. Ket. Chicken Pox 2 months old (2 photos)
2. Keturah 3 months Old Photos (4 photos)
3. An average dan in our home (8 photos)
4. Austin's Birthday Party (7 Photos)


See.... i love it. Soooooo, here are a few funny photos that I found from July. Silly boys they even turn Turah's GIRL leap pad froggy into a boy character. LOL Until next time.

No comments: