Saturday, November 10, 2007

A Scrapbooking Party!

Well, not a party, really....but it will be just as fun as one! There are many scrapbookers in our church and I thought it would be fun to get together once a month and scrap together. Crops are so expensive and then you often don't know anyone there! I made up some little invitations to pass out, telling people about my plans and giving the when, where and what they can bring. Children are even welcome to come for a children's movie night in another room with Dan. I thought it was so sweet of him to offer that. He was going to be home anyway watching mine so why not pile more in to watch some wholesome children's movies while the moms preserve their family's memories. I just love scrapbooking. I love telling the story of US. I love preserving all of those memories for years to come. And boy am I going to LOVE looking at them when my children are older and remembering these very busy mommy times. I also love the journaling part of scrapbooking. I love writing letters to my children telling them what I think of them, how precious they are to me at this time... my hopes and dreams for them. You know, we will forget all of that in five years. That is why we must write it NOW before we forget. I was just looking back at the journaling that I wrote for Keturah when she was 5 months old and I had already forgotten all about those little habits she had and things she did. So glad I wrote it down. So, any of you who have NOT been writing down things for your families... even if you won't scrap them for 5 years... write the journaling now! Curl up on the sofa with a blanket and a notebook and start recording what your family means to you and the cute and fun behaviors of your children at their current age. There may come a day when you really need to look back on these wonderful times.

I also included a few photos of my scraproom since I couldn't remember if I ever have. Sorry if I already have and just forgot.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

So I'm invited right? Look forward to it cool idea

Karilee said...

What a great idea! I have just been mulling the same idea around in my head. Wish I was closer so you could invite me!! :)

Anonymous said...

I look forward to it. See ya soon.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, Is it considered "kosher" to invite yourself? If so, I wanna come!!

Jenny said...

Haha... well, we're not kosher around here, so you are more than welcome to invite yourself! LOL It is Thursday the 15th (tomorrow) from 7pm until whenever. Just let me know if you would really like to come!