Monday, March 08, 2010

School Field Trip Pt. 1 Seattle Children's Museum

We had a great time visiting the Seattle Children's Museum near the beginning of this school year. What a fun place! The kids had SO much fun! It was our first time visiting, and we really look forward to going back with Dan.

They had a neat reading room. I sat and read a few stories to the kids while they all laid on pillows and listened. Obviously, this photo was before the reading time. :)



They had a really great craft room where you could create so many fun, artsy things! We spent most of our time with the clay.









I made a horse and Holly made a fox... it was great fun.









Everywhere you look there was an opportunity to learn something. Here children could practice math while pretending to cook.






Here they set the table for different numbers of guests, dividing the foods evenly for the number of plates.







We had a great time and have more photos to share... next post.






3 comments:

Jenny said...

Love it! What a blessing homeschooling is! I am excited to do things like this with Will in the future. Looks like you guys had a great time! Isaiah is getting so big, and look at those skinny legs!! I remember his chunky little baby legs that he still had when we were there. He is such a sweetie!

Karilee said...

Looks like a super fun time!!
It's been too long since we've visited the Children's Museum! I'd love to go to the one in Indy, but that'd be a loong day trip!!

Walking With Christ said...

LOVE THE PICS!!!!!! I especially love the animals you made out of the clay.. Quite artistic if I might say.... Glad you had such a fun time.