Monday, November 02, 2009

Keturah's Birthday Party!

I know that I also posted these photos on Facebook, but not everyone does Facebook, and not all of my Facebook friends do blogs. :) So, I share in both places.

We had the great pleasure of celebrating Keturah's 3rd Birthday last Friday. The party went well! We served a dinner of lasagna and salad, followed by some games and fun. Throwing parties is so much work to add to the regular week, but it is always so worth it! We know that every family is different and not every one likes to throw parties... but we just love it! And what better reason than to celebrate a child that God has given us to raise for Him on this earth! It's something that I always dreamed of doing for my own children someday...
... you see. Growing up, I wasn't able to have "birthday parties". It wasn't at all that my parents were mean or didn't "let" me... rather that there were just some circumstances and issues that prevented it from happening. My mom always made me a cake, any kind that I wanted. We did celebrate at home some. And I do remember there being one party when I was about 12. Sometimes I was allowed to have a friend spend the night that weekend. My Mother was a great mother... but in my heart I just always knew that if/when I had children - and IF we were financially able - that I was really looking forward to having birthday parties for them! Just something I always dreamed about.... silly I know. I also have always dreamed about being in the stands if my child played a sport and cheering them on. I haven't had that opportunity yet, but I look forward to it someday!
Having dinner at the table. It was decorated with a pink plastic table cloth sprinkled with fun and girly confetti.




Toddler pinata time! Turah's turn to pull the string!




Candy everywhere! It scared poor Ki Ki and he was crying on the floor.



The cups game. We invented this game for Josiah's 10th birthday party. It's a race to see who can stack the cups into a tower, and take them down the fastest. The winner gets a prize. The adults always play after the children. And by adults, I mean the men. We women don't play because of the madness that would ensue if one of us actually beat the men. That would get ugly. LOL Just kidding, of course.






Opening a gift. A beautiful set of paper cardboard dolls! I can't wait to play with this with her!!





A fun poodle costume! You wear the back legs on your legs and then carry the front half of the animal. So cute!








She got this adorable new outfit from the Casaus family and wanted to try it on RIGHT then and there! She loves it!! And so do her parents! Thank you Casaus family!








Cake time! Outfit is different again because she received this snow white costume as a gift and really wanted to try it on also! She loves it! I made her a "castle" cake this year. The colors were a little plain, but it turned out great!









Blowing out the candles.









And lastly, smiley little Ki Ki after he ate his cake. He loves him some sweets! He's a pretty happy fella most of the time. I praise God for "Our Many Blessings!"









8 comments:

Karilee said...

What a fun party!!
We were admiring the pretty "girly" confetti on the table when Emily walked up and saw the picture she said "ohhh noooo, a messss!" lol! Obviously, she hasn't experienced confetti yet!
It is such a blessing that you all make this such a treasured time for each of the children. Surely, they will remember these days and cherish them.

Karilee said...

Oh! and all the pics are great too. Which reminds me...how's the flash bouncing going?

Garth and Becky said...

Looks like everybody had a great time! The cake is beautiful and I just love that Snow White costume.

Jenny said...

Great pictures! Thanks for "inviting" us into the party! :) Looks like it was a blast and Turah got some great, fun gifts. She keeps growing into such a beautiful little girl!

Jenny said...

Oh yes, I LOVE the cake, too! What fun! Great job!

Anonymous said...

How fun!! You did such a great job on the cake!!! Isn't it fun to have a girlie party! I enjoy the special-ness of birthdays and parties, making the day extra fun for the birthday child. I love to come up with themes for their special day as well!!

~Emily

Joy said...

GREAT party! I can't believe she is three already!! Where has the time gone huh? She is sure a real cutie! I love seeing her pictures.
Love you!

Jenny said...

Okay Jenny, I have a question totally unrelated to this post--when I see my blog link on other blogs, it shows that my last post was the one I posted 3 weeks ago. I have since posted more...do you know why the title isn't updating? Thanks!