I have the opportunity to get a very low price canvas! I'm so excited! A canvas is a blow up of a favorite photo, printed on canvas and then wrapped. The canvas will be 16' x 20'. The hardest part about all of this for Dan and I has been deciding which photo to send in! We just happened to be doing a family photo shoot this week (well, all the family except me, I was behind the camera)... so I was able to choose a great photo from the shoot of the kids to use. I love the photo that we chose and have been editing it for a few days, getting coloring feedback from other photographer friends on the internet..jpg)
After sooo much fine tuning of my colored image, I got it to a place where I was sure it was warm enough and I was proud of it. I felt certain that I would use the colored image as my canvas photo. But I also quickly made a black and white and a vintage desaturated rendition of it too, and then put the three possible examples up on my photography forum and asked for feedback from the gals there. Their answer SURPRISED me! They almost all want me to print the black and white one for my canvas! SO surprised! I also love black and white, most of you know I have many black and whites of the children in my home. Sooo.... my question to all of you is, which do you think I should choose? Would a 16 x 20 in color above my soon-in-coming piano look better than the black and white? Or would the black and white just be so much classier. (sp?) Here are the links to the photography forum where I got the feedback:
I really appreciate your input, friends. Since it is going to be somewhat huge. I'm so excited about it though! Either way, I know I'm going to love the results. I'm so glad I got some great shots this week of the kids! There are some really cute ones of Keturah too, and some great ones with Dad. Oh.. yeah, one of them is in my new banner. Thanks for all your help!



5 comments:
Hey Jen, first of all i looove the photo it's an amazing pic of all the kids! :) I personally think you should go with the color because it's just so full of life like all you're little chillins, plus you have the black and white photos of all the kids in the living room already. Either one would look amazing though. Love ya!
Jenny, although the black and white is stunning, the color is SO vibrant, and I think it would look awesome on a canvas! It would just reach out and grab you from the wall in color. -Jenny
OMG!! Your kids are SOOO adorable! Boy, that is a hard decision and I like both of them. Sorry, I can't help you ;) I'm so indecisive myself :) Although, if your piano is going to be black, I would probably go with the b/w.
I like the color! You can feel the warm sun and green grass. :) It's hard to choose, though; they are both beautiful.
Jenny,
I think that either way your photo is very stunning, and you won't be disappointed. However, I think that the color shows the light better - how it plays with the grass etc. I think of B&W as pictures, a canvas I feel should be color. I don't know why - I just think that way. Plus... it would be a nice contrast to the B&W in your living room. Also, the canvas is probably going to be on a different wall than the other images. Taking into consideration all the warm colors you are going with in your home - the color image is perfect. Depending on the piano finish - you could choose a nice warm finish for a frame and it would mix nicely. My vote is color. I just love the light with the foliage.
Post a Comment