Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Thank you friends!

Thank you so much for all of your input, I'm going to go with the color! I know that many of the friends on 2peas voted for the B&W, but they don't know that I already have B&Ws in my home of my children. I am so excited to order this canvas! I can't wait to see it, I'll for sure be stalking the mailman. ;)


I've been painting my dining room this week, having a blast! It will be mostly finished today! Here is a before photo of the dining room. UGLY geometric diamonds. WHAT were they thinking?? The colors are now tan (although maybe too yellow) and then the cinnamon red that is also on the fireplace wall in the living room. I then plan to paint the wayne's coating white and add a larger chair rail to the top of it. Maybe eventually a small-er type crown moulding, nothing too lar
ge for the room. I'm planning on asking my Father In Law tonight if he thinks I would be able to make the 45 degree angle cuts myself in the crown moulding trim with our little miter (sp?) box saw kit. I have heard that it's incredibly difficult to cut trim and get it to match up perfectly, that you really have to know what you're doing, which I DO NOT. Dan isn't able to help me much with this particular project because of his current crazy work schedule. It's been 4 days in a row where he's gone by 8, home around 11. At least tonight he will be there for church. WHICH is so exciting by the way because our FIL is preaching tonight. What a treat to hear him in our own church. Well, I better get back to work. Thank you again for all your input!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yea, Jenny!! I can't wait to see it! I was one of the few voting for color. I've got your back on this one. ;)-Jenny