Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Poor Keturah Has the Pox too...


I had to stay home from our church's watchnight service because of some "suspicious spots" on Ketruah that were first seen on Friday at the pediatricians office. She was at the doctor just for her 2 month old checkup, but that's where we found the first lesion on her shoulder. Although it's normal for the second chicken pox case in a family to be much worse than the first, the doctor thought she would only get a mild case because of all of the antibodies still in her. Well, it looks like he was right! Even more importantly we have been praying for her to not get it too bad, and others have as well. She only has about 12 total pox, I would say....with half of those being on her head and face. Praise the Lord! I am so thankful that I don't have a sick, feverish baby who is miserable. She got one lesion right on her lower eyelid that must have been ithching her because she learned how to scratch it with her balled up, clumsy fists. It was so cute and pitiful at the same time. How sad to have chicken pox at 2 months old!

Well, I had my other root canal procedure done yesterday. It wasn't bad at all, I just love the dentist I've been seeing for that. It was tricky figuring out how I was going to see a dentist in Kent, while getting child care, with an infant with the chicken pox, that's still nursing full time and doesn't know a bottle yet. Hmmm.... Oh, and there was no way Dan could take off work to go along. Well, we worked it out. I borrowed Joy for half a day and she came along with me. I had pumped some milk, but she won't have anything to do with a bottle yet. Thankfully Shane was off work so he was able to stay with their kids so she could help me. That was such a blessing... the appointment needed to happen right away, I had already put it off during the last half of my pregnancy, and it was beginning to get worse. I am thankful that it's over and not thankful for the bill. :D Even with dental insurance.... that's robbery! Oh well. Such is life. :)

If you think of it, pray for baby Ketruah to stay healthy right now while she's battling chicken pox. Pray for my antibiotics to completely kill my tooth infection and for it all to heal quickly. Thank you all so much!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Jenny... I am so glad to hear of Keturah.. I have been praying for her. Isaac is doing great... Ethan however did not have vaccine come to find out and he has it really bad. It is even in his mouth. Please pray for him if you think of it. He is miserable.
Well, I will talk to you soon. I hope this means that Keturah is immune from it for life.

Anonymous said...

Such a bummer to hear of Keturah (by the way is there a nickname that has come about for her yet? My Husband & I were admiring the name & wondered if it was strictly Keturah or if there was anything else that has been brought up)but great blessing to know that it has not phased her too much. I have heard alot about kids who get the pox under the age of one being still very susceptible to it in the future. We'll have to pray that does not happen!! Let me know if Monday is still on. I am looking forward to it.