Friday, January 12, 2007

My Mother's Christmas Gift...



















For my Mother for Christmas, I made an altered calendar. I wanted to make her something personalized using scrapbooking...but something that she would be able to enjoy more often than a scrapbook. I got the original idea from my friend Destiny, she makes them for her husband every year...but then I tweaked it for my needs. I made a 12 x 12 page for every month of the year, centering the page theme around the time of year or a special event, like a birthday. I then just adhered the 12 x 12 page to the already existing calendar page, so she has a personalized calendar featuring the Savage family. It came out great! I am very pleased with the results and it got me scrapbooking again. All of the paper and bulk of the pages in the calendar made it quite heavy and bulky when closed...but when it's open, it hangs nicely. Mom loved it and said she had just the idea of how and where to hang it. I enjoy making gifts, but especially personal ones that can't be bought anywhere else. I will post a few of the pages here. Next on my scrapbooking agenda is baby Keturah's album.

OH! That reminds me, ... Kimberly, you asked if we have any nicknames, etc. for her. Well, we mostly call her baby Turah. Hee hee. Kinda funny. We can't really think of any cute nicknames or shorter names for her yet....maybe we'll come up with something completely unrelated to her name, we'll see. Tonight Dan was trying to convince Isaiah that we call him Ike. (Hee hee hee ho ho) Isaiah wasn't going for it. He said, "NO! I ISAIAH!" Then Dan thought maybe we'll call him Tres (pronounced Trace), since he is numero three of the boys. LOL He wasn't liking that any better. He's sooo funny. I asked him (Isaiah) tonight what his baby sister's name was and he paused and cocked his head to the side, furrowed his brow and matter-of-factly said, "My Baby Turah". We love that little chatterbox. About Keturah, we may consider calling her Kate later...we'll see.

We had a fun family night out tonight. We received Olive Garden gift cards for Christmas and used one tonight. We had a great time and the kids were perfect. Dad's rewarding them tonight with popcorn and pop.
Later gators!

5 comments:

Karilee said...

What a great idea! I will file that away for next year! Your layouts are really nice and clean looking. I like that alot. I have those same snowmen that you have on your January layout and I just might scraplift from you! Ha! :)

Karilee said...

Okay, so they're not exactly the same snowmen, but they're close. I thought they were until I went and looked at mine! But I'm still going to scraplift your layout! :)

Anonymous said...

That is a great idea! Your pages are beautiful. I love personalized calendars. The year I went to college, my sister sent me a calendar that she got made with photos of all my brothers & sisters, especially my baby brother, since I was missing out on much of his first year. And, this year for Christmas, my next door neighbor did the same thing for me with pictures of my Gabriel.I love it so much. I'm sure your mom will enjoy hers a lot, too.

Anonymous said...

Okay, non-related question: how did those other people get their pictures up there by their comments? Is there somewhere we can download a picture from our computer to post with our comments?

Anonymous said...

Well, you did it again, you leap above average in your talents!! It never ceases to amaze me. I love your idea as well as your gorgeous layouts. Great choice on the nickname, very cute & personalized. I really like when people add "baby" to the beginning of the nicknames during the early stages, it's so very adorable!! Well, keep it up & we'll keep it up taking your ideas ;) hehe