
Hee hee, out tree this year has no topper! We got a few new decorations for our tree this year and decided we didn't like our junky old star topper anymore. It really was a cheap topper. But then we never went and found a new one. I guess that will have to be task for 2007's Christmas! We decorate our tree in gold and red. Some Christians do only homemade ornaments, some do only Jesus themed pieces, with a special meaning behind each ornament...but we just use a color scheme. Dan and I both like things that match and go together. Maybe as the children grow up we'll have a tree with multicolored lights and 100 ornaments that the children have made...but for now, we get to have a pretty one. :) Of course pretty is in the eye of the beholder.



4 comments:
Your tree looks so pretty! Ours was all silver and gold this year and was the shortest one we've had in years...only 10 feet tall this year. Brian was slightly embarassed to carry such a small tree home on top of our suburban, lol. :)
Your tree is very pretty. I like the ribbons down the side. Our tree was quite tiny, and fake. Someone gave us their old fake tree when they got a new one last year. This year, when I went to get it out, I couldn't find the "trunk", the pole that you stick all the pieces into. I must have accidentally thrown it out in July when I cleaned out my closet. SO...I took the top of the tree that stands about 2 feet tall, stuck it in the tree stand, and placed it on my coffee table. With the base wrapped in red silk and bright holly berry material draped over the table, it was pretty cute. We strung 2 little strands of lights and put our oversized star on top--perfect little Charlie Brown Christmas tree! :D racheldawn
Your Tree looks great but I agree next on the list for your "tree errands" is a tree topper. You m ay just be in luck! The last three years Bohannan & I had color themes as well (Red & Gold) and this year we got to do an entire overhaul & change everything to blue & silver!! So...what I am getting at is that I have a gorgeous tree topper & tree skirt that I have been looking for someone to pass them along to. Are you interested? Let me know!
YEAH I'm interested!! :D You're awesome KIM!
Post a Comment