But we may have to go back. We were discharged late in the afternoon on Friday. Everything was going pretty well until tonight when he was running a bit of a fever. It crept up from the 99s to the 100s, and finally hit 101.0 when I called the hospital again. I told them that today was his first day of only having one dose of the "high-dose" aspirin, all of the other days he had it every 6 hours. The nurse contacted a doctor who reviewed his case and decided that we don't need to come into the hospital tonight, that we should give him another dose of the high dose aspirin, and if he has a fever in the morning, that I should come back into the hospital for another gamma-globulin treatment. I'm praying that tomorrow he won't be febrile. Thank you all so much for praying for us, we appreciate it more than we can say. His spirits are good....and he looked a lot better today after his nap. We just need that nasty fever to stay away. Fever can mean inflamation/infection, which can mean trouble for the coronary arteries. What a strange disease this is. I'm trying to relax and have peace about possibly going back to the hospital, but I fear what that could all mean for him. I just want this disease to finish it's course and be over with. Today is day 7......but day 6 if we're counting complete days. Thank you for your prayers.
2 comments:
Jenny , we have been praying for Josiah and you & the baby, that you will be able to handle all this with God's help. Let me know if there is absolutely anything I can do, watch the kids if you have a dr.s appt anything, ok. Take care, Dawn
We're praying for all of you. Keep us posted on his progress, we will be adding Josiah to our church's prayer list.
We love you all
Post a Comment