Saturday, August 27, 2011

We did the fair!

I didn't bring my real camera like I did last year, so I only have cell phone pics to share. I need to start bringing my camera to more places, the lack of photo quality is starting to get to me. :) I went by myself with the children, then Dan joined us after work for the rodeo at 7pm. We had a wonderful day, and met up with many friends there. The county fair is a tradition that we always enjoy every year! The best part was that this year, I was able to find discount tickets to the combined fair and rodeo for $6 per person. Yay for great deals. Here are my photos, not really in order. (Phone doesn't keep them in order when posting?)


Keturah kept waving her little flag all day, so cute!




Friends! They probably all spent an hour jumping off that little wall. Sometimes as one big clumsy group jump, and other times as solo kamikazis. No one got hurt, and I think we were all surprised a little. :) The bigger boys (of these three families) got to go to the army/police dept section off by themselves, so that was fun for Josiah and Gabe. Gabe shut his finger in a firetruck door and didn't even cry, only yelled. Lol. (It must not have been that bad of a slam.) Some fire dept ice help sooth the pain.
We love the rock and gem section! We always get a free polished rock, and Ki Ki got a huge one because they thought he would swallow a small one. I told them that he wouldn't eat the rock, lol... but they thought he would get it confused with his little fair candies. I suppose 3 year olds look like babies when you are 90. Hee hee. No worries, he was more than happy to have his huge polished rock. :) Below is a little rock village made with great detail. The boys liked it.


Learning about rocks and gems from the specialists.


We found a cowboy! :) This photo turned out nice, even for a cell phone photo. :) Keturah wouldn't stand next to him... he was too scary.
Below: Cooling off with a cool drink. Those drinks are SO yummy!!! And not really a bad deal, since the more you buy the cheaper they are. I got lime and it was so perfectly sour, just how I like. My apologies to the lady in the yellow tank, you are now on my blog. And on Facebook. Double sorry. LOL at Ki Ki's face... esp the eyebrows. OOops, sideways photo. Now you know why I nev er take portrait oriented cell phone photos, lol. I need to get into the settings and mess with it, I suppose. Below is just Keturah enjoying the rodeo. It was very fun, and the humor was not vulgar this year. One year was pretty bad so we haven't been back for a long time. I had to answer a lot of my boys' questions after that year. We tried it again, and it was great. A fun time!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Love it! I remember going to the fair with you all. Fairs are a fabulous time, and it sounds like you got a fabulous deal! Love the drink photo. :) Thanks for sharing!