Thursday, June 16, 2011

Twelve Years Old


Twelve years old.

Five foot two.

Over 100 pounds.

Completing sixth grade.

Plays the piano and does algebra better than me.

Hard to believe.


The sweetest son I could ever ask for is growing up on me. Sniff. I know it has to happen. I know that the teenage years will be great, too. I know it's God's plan. It's just strange to watch your (once) baby boy begin turning into a man. It stirs up feelings of joy, sadness, accomplishment, pride (the good kind), and angst all at the same time. Angst because I know the day is coming when we'll "lose" him. OR.... "gain" a daughter if you're the Polyanna, glass half full type of person. Just teasing. I'm good. It will be a joyous day, I promise.

Here are a few photos from that day. (many out of focus, wasn't using the flash in a dark environment, but it's alllll gooood. It's artsy, right??)





























4 comments:

Holly Hilson said...

He IS getting big FAST!!!!
So glad we got to share this fun time with you! Had a BLAST!!!

Karilee said...

Wow! Seems like just yesterday we were talking about first grade and learning to tie shoes!
Time sure does fly by!
Sophie too, will turn 12 this year, in August...sniff, sniff. She's not making the same growth milestones, but that's good since she a girl! She's still our sweet n' petite lady.

What a blessing to watch your boy turn into a young man. Happy Birthday Josiah!!

Jenny said...

Wowza! Look at that! Josiah turned into a "tweenager"!! How did that happen! He is definitely starting to look more mature. Time does fly! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Anonymous said...

OH my. He looks SO big! Happy Birthday Josiah. I cannot believe how fast they grow :/ BTW- loved hearing your percentile post on FB. Jax is healthy and strong and fine but at least there may be some hope for him being a bit taller than I expect by looking at his growth now :) April N.