Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Mothers Day 2011


I wanted to share a photo from Mother's Day of this year. Yes, most of my friends saw it on Facebook already, but then I always remember the few friends who don't do Facebook, but check my blog. My friend Daniel Simpson had his camera at church and was kind enough to take a photo for me. I just love this photo!! Oh, what a treasure it has become for me. Everyone is smiling! Real smiles, even! I just love it, and am so thankful that he brought his camera to church. :) I should do that a lot more often. I look forward to printing this photo.


I am blessed beyond measure by these 5 wonderful treasures. Oh what joy they bring to my life. I count it a tremendous blessing that they have been given on loan to me (us) to raise. When we really look at the grave responsibility that we mothers hold in our hands, it is enormous! A soul. An adult that's just not there yet. A grown man, in 10 years. Each day, with our words and our decisions we are molding the characters of these future adults, determining who they will be, how they will act, how they will respond to life. Oh my!! The enormity of the task at hand!! The responisibility! Even more so for those of us who homeschool. Wait, is enormity a word? Google says yes. :) My heart has been convicted on the raising of my children lately... the molding of their hearts, the guiding of their words and intentions... boy, it can be hard sometimes! But each day is new and we get to start with a clean day... a whole new chance to do it right, or do it better... to write on their souls and leave sweet memories that they will take with them forever. Because, let's face it... they are taking memories with them forever, I want to try to make sure they are sweet and filled with all that is good! Off to invest...

1 comment:

Karilee said...

Such a great photo of you and your treasures. You are so right about the awesomeness of the job of investing. It can be so exciting, scary and difficult, and wonderful all at the same time.
So awesome. You're a great Mom and I'm blessed to call you my friend.
Happy Mother's Day again!