Sunday, April 10, 2011

What's New?? Kittens!

Two weeks ago today our Mama cat finally gave birth to her litter of five kittens. It was an exciting and joyous day in our household, one we had been planning for and anticipating for a long time! The birth took a long time, over a day... and when we thought she was done, we would find another baby hours later. "Misty", the mama, is Gabriel's cat and he was beside himself with excitement at the sight of the first kitten born. It was a special memory we will not soon forget.


In these photos the kittens are 1 week old. All five kittens are gray!?! Sure, the mama is gray, but the dad isn't!? Some kittens are lighter than others, and two have somewhat longer hair... but they are all gray. So weird to me. When we got Max from the Rose family, their kittens were all different colors and patterns. Odd.


Feel free to enlarge the photos, I believe I uploaded the large sizes.




They now have their eyes open, so I'll take some more photos soon. :)

The last photo is Josiah holding the mama, who is sporting a rather serious look ...lol. She is such a good mama to her babies, always tending to them feeding them around the clock. It's fun to watch.


I know that many people hate cats and the thought of one having kittens is enough to send some people running... but for us, it was a wonderful adventure that we planned out carefully and with joy! The kids will always remember this special time.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

How fun! How long does it take for them to be ready on their own? You may have seen but we recently had a surprise with a baby lamb! I love babies!!! I hope you have a great week!

Jenny said...

Definitely fun! It was so sweet when our dog had puppies. Nothing like seeing some of God's new life come into the world. :) It's sweet to watch them grown, and bittersweet to watch them go later. Thanks for sharing, they are absolutely adorable. I mean even if you don't like cats, how can you not like kittens? ;)

Joy said...

AWW!! They are quite precious!! They are pretty kitties. I love that you got to see them birthed. I love that.

Walking With Christ said...

Oh my word, they are SO CUTE! I just love kittens. :) I love the coffee cup picture. That is too priceless. :) THanks for sharing. :)

Emily's Posts said...

So sweet!!! What a great experience for your family!!!