Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sneak Peek, Keturah's 4 year portraits


It's been about 3 weeks now since I have taken my daughter's 4 year old portraits, but I haven't made the time to sit down and edit them. Well, I still haven't gotten through ALL of them, but I picked one and edited it real quick to share. I'm looking forward to going through the rest! It wasn't until after my hurried choice and editing that I even SAW the comb in her hands, ha! Good thing for others I take great time to make sure there is nothing odd in the photo. Strange, the comb even looks misty and blurry... perhaps because it was moving, but that's an odd motion blur. I still feel like I struggle with skin tone. I know that I always acheive a "totally acceptable" skin tone... and to others I sound crazy, but it's often not quite as perfect as I imagine it could be.... and yet, I don't know what I would change. It's probably a combo of me always shooting outside where grass is... light bouncing off the green grass casting a green tone on the skin... and then dealing with the correcting of all of that. I need to find some different colors outside... some different colored bushes, bridges and walls. I couldn't stray far from home when I took her portraits because the other children were busy doing school, but maybe next time I'll take the boys downtown and get some urban city shots of them for their annual portraits. :)

3 comments:

Emily's Posts said...

So beautiful!!! You always do a great job!!! We are looking forward to our family photo shoot- this reminded me that I am supposed to get ahold of you to schedule them!! Lol! Looking forward to seeing the rest of Turah's pics!!!

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

She is SO beautiful! :) Can't wait to see the rest.