
What's new? Well, lots and not much all at the same time. About 4 weeks ago I had a chalazion removal surgery. I do not recommend looking up the surgery unless you're really into being freaked out... but there are videos on Youtube. It was over in less than 10 minutes, and my little bump was gone. Yay for that. But those might have been the scariest 10 minutes of my life. Maybe.
What else is new is that Gabriel somehow contracted strep throat/scarlet fever. He looked somwhat like this:
It was sad, but he really didn't complain that much at all. He slept an entire Tuesday - which is so not like him, so when the rash showed up 2 days later, I knew what was up. I took him in and he got put on a standard treatment, Amoxicillin.
It was sad, but he really didn't complain that much at all. He slept an entire Tuesday - which is so not like him, so when the rash showed up 2 days later, I knew what was up. I took him in and he got put on a standard treatment, Amoxicillin.Exactly 8 days later, after faithfully taking his medication he broke out in terrible hives all over his body. He looked like he had the measles. I knew we needed to go back in and that he was possibly allergic to his medication. Yep, doctor said it was a textbook allergic reaction
to Amoxicillin. Poor Gabe. Since he took 8 days of the antibiotic, the doctor really thought that the strep bacteria would be all gone. Well, two days after that he said his throat was really hurting again. Ugh.
to Amoxicillin. Poor Gabe. Since he took 8 days of the antibiotic, the doctor really thought that the strep bacteria would be all gone. Well, two days after that he said his throat was really hurting again. Ugh.Back we went yesterday to get a rapid strep test... and sure enough, it had grown back. It just shows the importance of taking every bit of antibiotic medication. How many people have I heard say over the years, "Oh, we just take in until we feel better." Nice. Then you've killed off all the weak baddies and left the stronger ones to multiply and ravage your body. Okay, done ranting. :) So, now Gabriel is on Azithromycin and we're really hoping that strep will be gone from him for awhile. :)

What else is new? Yes, something beautiful at the end of all those ugly photos. Had the privilege of taking portraits recently and I just love this little red head's expressions. I really need to get new updated portraits of my own children, and our family as well. Interested in taking our family portraits with my camera?? Common... help a sister out. :)



5 comments:
o my word!!!! I can not believe his Skin looked....like that!!!! wow!!
I have never seen anything like that before!! Hope he starts feeling better soon!!
I second what you said--You DO need to get updated photos!!! I can hold, aim & shoot a camera ;) ill help ya out ;)
Wow! That rash is crazy. Scary crazy. I'll help ya out in the photo dpt. too if need be. Thanks Jenny for the pictures they are AWESOME!! Cuz your awesome! ;)
Whoa, what a rash!! yikes!
Glad that he's on some new meds, hopefully feeling better soon.
Wish you were closer, I'd totally do a photo trade out with you! I really need to do the same thing.
The pics you did for "the family" are wonderful and truly the little girl is precious, beautiful eyes, adorable capture.
Totally would if I was there! So sorry to hear about poor Gabe! What a roller coaster! Glad to hear he is on new meds and hope they work out. Thanks for the update.
im still available! :) my email...
lilyraymay@gmail.com
Post a Comment