At Dan's work, he can take either his birthday or his anniversary off as a paid day. He already had his birthday off, so he took our anniversary. A sweet family watched our children for us so that we could spend the day together. The plan was to go to Tacoma and explore Point Defiance park and Fort Nisqually Living History Museum. This is what we did... (after dropping off kids)
Shared a breakfast at Shari's while the car got an oil change... photo courtesy of chowtimes... steak was underdone, just about like this... but company and conversation were amazing!


Oil change place tells us that there is a screw imbedded in our tire causing a slow leak. :( We go to Firestone to get it repaired. This is the screw.

During the screw fixing, I go a few doors down and get my first ever pedicure since beauty school. It was Dan's idea. It was wonderful!

While I'm getting my toes done, Dan picked us up a red slushy. He ate most of it because it tasted like chemicals to me. :) Of course, I didn't complain... just didn't have a lot.

Hi-jinks on Hwy 16. I turn to take his photo and he strikes this pose. Love my funny guy.

Taking some beat box lessons on Pearl Street. Yes, I said beat box. Dan's phone can watch You Tube videos and he has a cable that runs the sound through the car speakers. It was greatly entertaining hearing what people can do with their mouth. I was getting good by the end of the day... diaphragm was tired though. It was just for fun, we don't condone rap music.

Needed help finding Fort Nisqually, time for a little Google Maps. I asked if I could drive now while he consulted the gps.

We found it! It's a "Living History Museum", which means that there are live people in there to talk to that are "living in" the time period. Fort Nisqually was a trading fort.

Much to read and learn about.

Cool old cabins. One was a trader, another the blacksmith ... and more.

This bulbous nosed trapper was both comical and knowledgeable... albeit a tad annoying. He was one of those guys that takes a very long time to answer 1 question. He spoke and acted like the year was 1855... it was fun. We played with traps and furs, tobacco and hand made beads.

Blacksmith. Check out the enormous billows that fan the fire and the hand cable that is pulled to activate it.

Cabin.

I think this was the kitchen.

LOVE this photo. Don't even know why. Just the colors and the richness of the old setting, I guess. I may just print it - but I'm not sure what for.
Shared a breakfast at Shari's while the car got an oil change... photo courtesy of chowtimes... steak was underdone, just about like this... but company and conversation were amazing!


Oil change place tells us that there is a screw imbedded in our tire causing a slow leak. :( We go to Firestone to get it repaired. This is the screw.

During the screw fixing, I go a few doors down and get my first ever pedicure since beauty school. It was Dan's idea. It was wonderful!
*yes, that's dirt on my toe.

While I'm getting my toes done, Dan picked us up a red slushy. He ate most of it because it tasted like chemicals to me. :) Of course, I didn't complain... just didn't have a lot.

Hi-jinks on Hwy 16. I turn to take his photo and he strikes this pose. Love my funny guy.

Taking some beat box lessons on Pearl Street. Yes, I said beat box. Dan's phone can watch You Tube videos and he has a cable that runs the sound through the car speakers. It was greatly entertaining hearing what people can do with their mouth. I was getting good by the end of the day... diaphragm was tired though. It was just for fun, we don't condone rap music.

Needed help finding Fort Nisqually, time for a little Google Maps. I asked if I could drive now while he consulted the gps.

We found it! It's a "Living History Museum", which means that there are live people in there to talk to that are "living in" the time period. Fort Nisqually was a trading fort.

Much to read and learn about.

Cool old cabins. One was a trader, another the blacksmith ... and more.

This bulbous nosed trapper was both comical and knowledgeable... albeit a tad annoying. He was one of those guys that takes a very long time to answer 1 question. He spoke and acted like the year was 1855... it was fun. We played with traps and furs, tobacco and hand made beads.

Blacksmith. Check out the enormous billows that fan the fire and the hand cable that is pulled to activate it.

Cabin.

I think this was the kitchen.

LOVE this photo. Don't even know why. Just the colors and the richness of the old setting, I guess. I may just print it - but I'm not sure what for.
We finished the day with some shopping and dinner at Red Robin. (I know, not very romantic... but the romantic places didn't sound appetizing at the time)
We really look forward to taking the kids to Fort Nisqually some time!




5 comments:
wow! those are some col photos! you could make post cards or some thing :)
LOVE it!!! That looked like a LOT of fun!! Happy Anniversary!! Isn't God wonderful?!! I am about to be married 21 years! God has been so wonderful to us! Or me anyway, because I have an AWESOME husband!! :)
Love you Jenny! I am glad you got to have a great time!
How nice! You guys got a lot done in your day! That is a wonderful picture and I think it would look lovely printed and hung somewhere in your dining/kitchen area. The colors look like they may compliment it well (from what I've seen in pictures and remember). ;) Glad to hear you were able to celebrate alone together, and that Dan's work has such a sweet deal!
Hey, now romantic isn't always in ambiance. It is just taking a day and spending it together, just being friends. Talking, giggling, holding hands. I am glad you had this time! Now that IS romantic!
Wierd, that last comment on romance was me, Emily and it did anonymous. hmm. oh well!
Post a Comment