... said the nice young mormon men at our door today. Here, I'll start at the beginning.Doorbell rings.
Dan answers. Young mormon men (now to be called YMM) smiling and standing there.
YMM: "Hi there! Hey! You look kinda like us, with your nice shirt.... and slacks!"
Dan (smiling kindly): "Not interested!"
YMM: "Do you even know what we have?"
Dan: "NOT THE TRUTH!"
YMM: "Not the truth? What.... do you already go to church?"
Dan: "Yes, I go to a Baptist church down the road that preaches the truth. You guys can leave now."
I'm just thankful that he didn't follow them down the road this time, making sure they truly left our neighborhood and didn't go to any of our neighbor's homes. Brian Hayden taught us that. I used to always be nice and listen a little, but then I was shown in the scriptures what our proper response should be when people don't have the truth... and when they come to our door. I hope this doesn't offend anyone, it wasn't meant to!



6 comments:
doesnt offend us!
When we have them knock at our door, christopher says DO NOT open that door. When we see them out side the appartments or out in town and he notices they are moving towards us, he says, DO NOT talk, listen to them, or look towards that way!
I kind of chuckled when you said, "I'm just thankful that he didn't follow them down the road this time"--i just pictured dan walking down the road behind them.. =) LOL
I just pictured you grabbing your camera so you could take a picture of them, planning to blog about mormons coming to your house, LOL!! I know you didn't take that picture, but that's what popped into my head!
Good ideas. Wish I coulda been there to see that. LOL! Dan is the man when it comes to handling people. I love it!
The scriptures are what is offensive, so if anyone is offended, it's not at you, it's at God's word! :-) We had JWs come and my husband preached a sermon to them!! I don't think they'll be back!
~Emily
We live right down the road from "The Kingdom Hall". It is such a sad and creepy place to drive by. Sad because you know that so many are deceived by the lies that they're spreading and creepy when you think about the power of evil that is focused on that place by Satan and his minions.
We're sure that they've marked us off their "visit list" because they've only been here once. We often see them go around us and through the neighborhood and I let the kids ride their bikes after they've left and remove the literature and replace it with our church tracts. It's been a great way to get to know our neighbors! :)
Nice. :) I remember that story about Dan chasing the other guys down the road. Too funny that they said that and I love Dan's response. He is always ready.
Post a Comment